NuForce Icon iDo - Mini Review
Sep 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #16 of 117
Great review. I'm a noob and haven't tried using an amp/DAC yet and am looking to buy one. What kind of music files did you use? Most of my music files are 256k and 90% of the music I listen to is through IEMS. Do you think this would be a good fit for me? Thanks!

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #17 of 117
Quote:
Great review. I'm a noob and haven't tried using an amp/DAC yet and am looking to buy one. What kind of music files did you use? Most of my music files are 256k and 90% of the music I listen to is through IEMS. Do you think this would be a good fit for me? Thanks!

Absolutely IMHO. Works very well with some of my MP3s and my IEMs (though most of my music is in iTunes Lossless). 

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #18 of 117
Great! Do you still get the "out of the head" soundstage effect with your shure or UE iems using this with 256k files? Also if it's not too much trouble do you know any websites or threads that discuss how to get apple lossless or FLAC onto your idevice without ripping CDs to iTunes? Thankyou very much.

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #19 of 117
Quote:
Great! Do you still get the "out of the head" soundstage effect with your shure or UE iems using this with 256k files? Also if it's not too much trouble do you know any websites or threads that discuss how to get apple lossless or FLAC onto your idevice without ripping CDs to iTunes? Thankyou very much.

The sound staging is much improved than straight out of my iPad 3, iPod Classic, or iPhone. The only way I know to get Apple Lossless onto one's PC is to rip a CD. For FLAC, you can buy your music from say HD Tracks, BUT, iDevices do not support this format.

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #21 of 117
Hi, does the iDo use a proprietary cable to connect to an iDevice? Will it work with the standard one supplied by Apple? I ask because I'm thinking of getting an iDo but I want to continue using my expensive cable and not waste it. Thanks.

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #22 of 117
Quote:
Hi, does the iDo use a proprietary cable to connect to an iDevice? Will it work with the standard one supplied by Apple? I ask because I'm thinking of getting an iDo but I want to continue using my expensive cable and not waste it. Thanks.

Nope...looks like a standard iDevice cable works fine with it.

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #23 of 117
Quote:

Anytime. 
smile.gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #25 of 117
Hello Peter and all
I own a nuforce HDP now primarily for my Mac as source . Just wondering if I could connect iPod classic to HDP using LOD end instead of 3.5mm jack output ?
Obviously I need to buy another cable ( apple dock - USB type 1) for that connection ,but if this is doable , I could saved not needing to buy nuforce IDo for my portable iPod .

Thanks .Raymond

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #26 of 117
Quote:
Hello Peter and all
I own a nuforce HDP now primarily for my Mac as source . Just wondering if I could connect iPod classic to HDP using LOD end instead of 3.5mm jack output ?
Obviously I need to buy another cable ( apple dock - USB type 1) for that connection ,but if this is doable , I could saved not needing to buy nuforce IDo for my portable iPod .
Thanks .Raymond

Hi Raymond:

You can certainly hook up your iPod Classic with an LOD to your HDP. BUT, you'll be using the pretty poor DAC in your iPod. You should notice (like I did) a good step up in improvement using the iDo with your iPod Classic + USB.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #27 of 117
Hi , thanks for the advise .
I have just place a order for nuforce ido .

I also owned a nuforce hdp , I know that nuforce ido also have a coaxial out . So I could also connect the ido to hdp using coaxial cable to use the dac circuit at hdp . Just wondering if you know if dac converter in hdp is better than Ido ?

I
Reason that I asked is that I might need to use hdp to drive high impedance headphones that I have and just use ido for the lower impedance headphone says ..less than 150 ohm,

Last question is that does the new generation I device eg. iPhone 5 , ipad mini, ipad 4 that with ligthing cable benefit with ido ?

Thanks
Raymond

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #28 of 117
Quote:
Hi , thanks for the advise .
I have just place a order for nuforce ido .
I also owned a nuforce hdp , I know that nuforce ido also have a coaxial out . So I could also connect the ido to hdp using coaxial cable to use the dac circuit at hdp . Just wondering if you know if dac converter in hdp is better than Ido ?
I
Reason that I asked is that I might need to use hdp to drive high impedance headphones that I have and just use ido for the lower impedance headphone says ..less than 150 ohm,
Last question is that does the new generation I device eg. iPhone 5 , ipad mini, ipad 4 that with ligthing cable benefit with ido ?
Thanks
Raymond

Hi Raymond:

That I'm not sure about. I'd ask NuForce.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #30 of 117
Quote:
Actually you can get flac player apps on ITunes that will allow you to play flac files. I just bought a refurb iPod Touch 64GB 4G on Apple for $229. I downloaded 2 different flac players from itunes. I just bought a refurb iDo for $73 from NuForce. I am excited to try it.

Congrats! I'm a big fan. Its completely filled the void for my bedside rig. I can use my iPad or iPhone and then the iDo to do the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back