NuForce Icon 2 vs. Firestone-Audio Big Joe III
Dec 31, 2012 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Styles

Head-Fier
Down and Dirty!

I'm moving my home office to another room in my house and leaving a receiver and speakers in the old room. I work from home and listen to music all day long and I'm ready to get down on a desktop amp and some nice speakers. I've got some speakers in mind and am on the fence for the amp. I'm going to do a DAC/Amp for flexibility in building and options.

I have my head set on either the NuForce Icon 2 or the Firestone-Audio Big Joe III
What do you guys think between these two and or throw something else out there in the same price point $350-$375) that I should look at as well.

Thanks for the input!

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hello,
What source will you be plugging this into?
Sent from my iPad from Ultrasone Planet using Tapatalk HD

Ill be going out via USB from my lapper. So the source being my work station laptop listening to mostly streamed musics and some, but very little FLAC files.  Working from home it's very convenient to just listen to Spotify all day.

I know the SQ isn't the same as anything I have ripped from my own CD library but my library is pretty small. I have been working on building it through buying used CD's on amazon and the like, but I haven't committed the time it takes to really build a good FLAC file library. 

These 2 DAC/amps seem like they both could do what I want, but I just want to see if anyone has had experience with both of either to give some input to quality or anything I should know about them.  I will be using it everyday all day.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back