Nuforce Icon-2 powers my Triangle Cometes nicely!
Dec 29, 2010 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MatsudaMan

aka JohannesBrahms, KittlesLittles, Bigglesworth.
I just received a Nuforce Icon-2 USB dac/desktop amp/headphone amp for Christmas.  I took it to my local hi-fi shop and tried it out with a bunch of different speakers.  This little amp rocks!  Hooked it up to a pair of Triangle Comete Es and I was absolutely floored by the sound.  The Triangles are 91db sensitive, so super easy to drive.  BTW, hooked them up to a pair of Paradigm Atoms and was underwhelmed.  Just wanted to let you all know of my impressions.

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 4
You'll have to forgive the fact that I'm totally geeked out on my new Icon-2.  Here are some pics.

May 5, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 4
Nice pics, I have a question, I was planning to get one of these icon-2's until i noticed the output rating on the headphones jack (80mW @ 16ohm), similar to you i have a pair of HD650's (i believe both hd650 and 580 are 300ohm) is the Icon-2 capable of driving these? I know its not ideal but i cant afford the headphone amp i want yet.
Thanks.

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Sorry for the crazy late response.  I actually own HD580's, just changed out the grills.  I think they are also 300 ohm, and the nuforce drives them pretty well, almost as good as my RS Hornet.  However, they make Grados just sing!  If you want a dedicated amp for your Senns, you might want to think about the HDP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back