Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions
May 20, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #526 of 533
Nuforce has a LTT of crazy deals for their IEMs oeer the year, they just don't sell that well I guess.

May 20, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #527 of 533
On ebay USA someone sells a lot of HEM2 for very little money. Under 30USD! With price proposal. This is crazy?
What is the likelihood that it is counterfeit? I couldn't find anything online for fakes from Optoma IEMs.
Has anyone here experience with in-ear fakes from Nuforce? Isn't that a popular model or brand that is copied ?!
Greets Jenz
I just had a look. Considering they're selling them for $100 less than the other listings, it seems a bit dodgy… Even the shipping/import fees (to Canada) combined are almost as much as the IEM
If they are legit, it's an awesome deal, and I'd absolutely grab a pair for myself.

May 20, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #528 of 533
On ebay USA someone sells a lot of HEM2 for very little money. Under 30USD! With price proposal. This is crazy?
What is the likelihood that it is counterfeit? I couldn't find anything online for fakes from Optoma IEMs.
Has anyone here experience with in-ear fakes from Nuforce? Isn't that a popular model or brand that is copied ?!
Greets Jenz
I just had a look. Considering they're selling them for $100 less than the other listings, it seems a bit dodgy… Even the shipping/import fees (to Canada) combined are almost as much as the IEM
If they are legit, it's an awesome deal, and I'd absolutely grab a pair for myself.

For a little more, you can get them from Optoma's eBay store.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Optoma-NuF...286392?hash=item216f10b3f8:g:OpoAAOSwEmNese4v

They also have the HEM4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Optoma-NuF...295408?hash=item216f10d730:g:7JMAAOSwxuJesfOD

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #529 of 533
Well, that is a little more reassuring that the other seller is legit. Unfortunately Optoma won't ship to Canada, so I'd need to use the other seller if I do purchase.
From what I remember about the impressions I've read - been quite a while, either the 2 or the 8 are the only models worth considering (at least I hadn't read much positive about the 4 or 6)

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #531 of 533
Got my HEM2 from the Texas seller a couple weeks ago. Damn good buy at their price - too bad shipping was so pricey and they didn't have the HEM8 for the same markdown.
I guess everything seems legit - I don't know how to confirm they're authentic. Sounds great, my only real complaint is all the eartips were crammed in to pouch of the zip-up case and got perma-flattened. I still manage to get a crazy good seal with the medium tips anyways (can feel a bit of suction when removing, just like my PFE).
The stock cable does seem on the flimsy side though, I can see it breaking somewhat easily if it gets snagged on something. What are you folks using for aftermarket cables? I have a .78 16core cable from NiceHCK, but it seems like the pins may be too big and I didn't want to force the issue.

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #532 of 533
Got my HEM2 from the Texas seller a couple weeks ago. Damn good buy at their price - too bad shipping was so pricey and they didn't have the HEM8 for the same markdown.
I guess everything seems legit - I don't know how to confirm they're authentic. Sounds great, my only real complaint is all the eartips were crammed in to pouch of the zip-up case and got perma-flattened. I still manage to get a crazy good seal with the medium tips anyways (can feel a bit of suction when removing, just like my PFE).
The stock cable does seem on the flimsy side though, I can see it breaking somewhat easily if it gets snagged on something. What are you folks using for aftermarket cables? I have a .78 16core cable from NiceHCK, but it seems like the pins may be too big and I didn't want to force the issue.
Regarding cables, bear in mind the HEM8 are 0.75 2-pin, not 0.78, which makes cable compatibility tricky. Basically the pins go in, and sound is transmitted, but a part of the pins remains exposed. It’s probably the same with the HEM2, which will limit aftermarket options. I see TRN and KZ offer 0.75 2-pin - otherwise you’re off to Plussound, but the cable will cost more than the iems.

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #533 of 533
Regarding cables, bear in mind the HEM8 are 0.75 2-pin, not 0.78, which makes cable compatibility tricky. Basically the pins go in, and sound is transmitted, but a part of the pins remains exposed. It’s probably the same with the HEM2, which will limit aftermarket options. I see TRN and KZ offer 0.75 2-pin - otherwise you’re off to Plussound, but the cable will cost more than the iems.

I was wondering about the size, that's why I didn't want to force my other cable to fit before I found out for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back