Nuforce HDP - DAC (USB and SPDIF), headphone amp and preamp
Jan 10, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickdanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x3

I think I read somewhere that the form factor will be the same as the Icon. So I don't think a picture would help us a lot
frown.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #17 of 45
This is what I found on Audiocircle:

Hi,
We have been conservative on the HDP engineering and release, because it has to be perfect. We have changed the circuit architecture several times to add features, the aggregate functions and performance resulted in the HDP being a monster trying to go inside a small case, we have to break-down the circuit boards (multiple multi-layer circuit boards) stacking on each other just to fit the small chassis - which throws off the layout and circuit design schedule.

That said, we have been playing with the 1st cut of the final and working HDP, we have found a few bugs, and we are making the first production boards right now. So it's coming and getting very close.

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #18 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grota /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what I found on Audiocircle:

Hi,
We have been conservative on the HDP engineering and release, because it has to be perfect. We have changed the circuit architecture several times to add features, the aggregate functions and performance resulted in the HDP being a monster trying to go inside a small case, we have to break-down the circuit boards (multiple multi-layer circuit boards) stacking on each other just to fit the small chassis - which throws off the layout and circuit design schedule.

That said, we have been playing with the 1st cut of the final and working HDP, we have found a few bugs, and we are making the first production boards right now. So it's coming and getting very close.

Interesting, thanks for the details.

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #19 of 45
@jasonl:

How realistic is the Feb 5th as shipping/release date? Do you expect any further delays or is the HDP finally on it's way to the mass market?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.
bearmann

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #22 of 45
Is there info on whether it will have an external power supply?

Jan 20, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #23 of 45
Not sure about the Nuforce Amazone store but they ship worldwide if you purchase through the Nuforce eBay store.

The Icon has an external power supply so I assume the HDP will as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back