Nuforce HA-200: High performance, Single Ended, Class-A Headphone Amplifier
Mar 29, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #136 of 295
  My single HA-200 plays loud enough in my setup (OPPO BDP-95/Senn HD650's).  I typically listen at 3/4's volume.

Mike

With virtually every headphone out there, the gain is more than enough... but I'm one of those nuts with an HE-6
rolleyes.gif

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #138 of 295
I have a pair of silver ha200 amps for sale. PM me if interested. They were fun to play with but I've got a Simaudio 430HA now. I can't see the nuforce amps getting much use now. They are really nice in monoblock mode though, push my LCD3 very well.  

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #139 of 295
  I have a pair of silver ha200 amps for sale. PM me if interested. They were fun to play with but I've got a Simaudio 430HA now. I can't see the nuforce amps getting much use now. They are really nice in monoblock mode though, push my LCD3 very well.  

The 430HA is such a nice amp... but sadly beyond my budget. Did you get it with the dac option?

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #140 of 295

The 430HA is such a nice amp... but sadly beyond my budget. Did you get it with the dac option?

I already own a Simaudio Moon Andromeda so I skipped the add on DAC. I heard it at the dealer and it sounded good though. Reminded me of their older Equinox player. 

May 13, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #141 of 295
Hey guys, quick question.

Picked up a nuforce ha-200, but it has a European power supply cable. Can I just switch it out for a New Zealand/Australian version of the cable or will I need a transformer or some description? Not keen on blowing it up straight out of the box as you can imagine. 

Cheers!

May 13, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #142 of 295
You should be able to switch out the cord. Just make sure you put the red slider into the correct position.

May 14, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #143 of 295
Yep. It's doing fine APART from a high pitched ringing noise I am getting through the amp when I connect it via RCA to my xonar u7 soundcard that I am using as a DAC currently. As far as I can tell it is not the amp, as it is fine via other sources.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #145 of 295
^^^^
I need to put mine up for sale too, LOL!
But, I've been lazy.

Heck, if yours was only available several months ago I wouldn't have purchased the BHA-1.  :)

Mike

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #146 of 295
Hey all, need some help with nooby stuff.

I have been looking for my first time amp purchase. I have used the amplified Xonar Xense card for 4yrs, but have never been truly happy with it, the signature is just too bright for my tastes. I am currently running HD650s and want to bring out the warmer sound in them since I typically prefer a warmer, punchy sound with rich mids and lowers. I actually prefer listening to music on my iPhone 6 with my Westone W40s because that's the signature I prefer over what I've been getting through my Xonar.

I obviously was drawn to the popular schitt stacks and O2s but backed off when I read they were bright too. So again, my primary reason for upgrading isn't a lack of volume, but signature. Yet I don't have the time or money to play the tube game, and I don't want to mess around with electronics. 

My question is this... If i buy this amp, do I run it to my Xonar RCA ---> 1/4" headphone out? Would it be too loud that way? Or what benefit would I see from investing in a DAC, and does it really matter which one? (ie: Could I buy a Schitt Modi and pair it with this and not have the brightness that is probably due to Magni?) Otherwise what's a good lower-priced DAC to pair this with?

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #147 of 295
The Xonar will be just fine as a dac. Run that into the HA200 and you'll be a happy camper.

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #148 of 295
I guess we'll see! I took the leap and ordered... my big concern was with double-amping, I've heard before you can bypass through TOSLINK but there's only RCA and XLR here. Should I just set gain to low on Xonar to minimize that?

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #149 of 295
It's not double amping... you take the rca output from the Xonar and plug that into the HA-200 input.

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #150 of 295
You're thinking of the STX, the Xense does not have RCA. Only has 1/4" Headphone/Mix, Coax/Mini-TOSLINK combo port, and that weird DVI port is a splitter for 4, 3.5" jacks to set up 7.1 I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back