NuForce/D2 Boa DAC with iBasso T4?
Feb 3, 2009 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
I have the T4 but was wanting something a little bigger and beefier to supply my needs. If I were to get one and use the dac in them to output from a Touch/Nano to an iBasso T4, would the sound improve?

Or should I just not get either and use the ibasso T4?

Thanks.

Feb 4, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 4
The dac in a usb amp/dac is only functional if hooked up through the usb to a computer with an OS that is robust enough to install drivers for it (ie Windows, Linux, Mac OS). Even if you had the NuForce Mobile or the D2 Boa hooked up to the Touch/Nano, the dac inside the portable amp/dac would not be used, only the amp would be used.

Feb 4, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 4
It just depends on what you are looking for. The portable amps I have are the Ibasso D2 Viper (limited run opamp switchable portable amp/dac before the D2 Boa model) , the Ibasso T4, and the Corda Headsix.

If only talking about the sound quality, the D2 Viper sounds the best out of the 3 with the Headsix just slightly under it. Either of them add quite a bit of size when attached to the bottom of a DAP and the complete bundle can be quite cumbersome to lug around. This is where the T4 shines. It sounds great, though not as good as the Headsix or D2 Viper, but it is so miniscule in size that it is super convenient to carry around with a DAP while being active.

So if you just want to have a transportable HiFi sound on the go, I suggest getting one of the bigger and more expensive amps over the T4. But if you want a completely portable setup for when you are active, the T4 is a great value and choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back