Paco De Lucia,
Jesse Cook,
Johannes Linstead,
Luis Villegas,
Nocy,
NovaMenco,
Oscar Lopez,
Willie & Lobo

Personally, I prefer more a melodious style than an ultra fast / technical style. However, please feel free to recommend whatever guitar music that: 1) sounds good to your ears; and 2) has a similar style to the above listed artists.

I use the term “Nuevo Flamenco guitar” liberally and loosely here. The "fusion" component of Nuevo Flamenco guitar may come from lots of other genres, including but not limited to Jazz, rumba, bossa nova, Gypsy, Latin, Celtic, Middle Eastern, Rock, Jazz, Cuban Swing, Tango and Salsa. Let us be liberal with genre categorization here.

Thank you for reading / contributing to this thread.

Dec 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #4 of 11
Great to hear about your recommendations again, FalconP. Top shelf picks, as always!
I have listened to all the artists / albums that your listed. Of those, I like Flamenco Mystico from Gino d'Auri the most (yes, recording quality is great as well).

De Madera's Aire Y Candela is slight faster than what I am used to, but still a very enjoyable and interesting listen.

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #6 of 11
Haha great! I love this genre! Oscar Lopez is my favourite from the bunch zzffnn mentioned, but I particularly like Jesse Cook's music. Mario Takes a Walk, Falling from Grace, Air, Gipsy, and so on. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #8 of 11
How about Flamenco Piano:
Diego Amador: Piano Jondo

May be a bit too fast and technical for your taste, but the playing is breathtaking.

And you might enjoy Chris Spheeris. He is more new age and world fusion than Flamenco, but his guitar style is slow and melodic.

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #9 of 11
How about Flamenco Piano:
Diego Amador: Piano Jondo

May be a bit too fast and technical for your taste, but the playing is breathtaking.

And you might enjoy Chris Spheeris. He is more new age and world fusion than Flamenco, but his guitar style is slow and melodic.

Thanks for reminding me of Chris Spheeris. I have had his Dancing with the Muse album for a while and like it. Yeah, more world fusion than flamenco. But it sounds good!

Diego Amador is too fast for me. I guess hardcore flamenco fans may appreciate his music more than I do. That was my first time to hear about flamenco piano! Interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back