Nub Foobar Question
Oct 15, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 6
Where ever you want the titles displayed or sorted like that, in the formatting code replace instances of:
Code:

Code:
[left]%artist%[/left]

with:
Code:

Code:
[left]$if($strcmp($left(%artist%,4),The ),$right(%artist%,$sub($len(%artist%),4))', 'The,%artist%)[/left]

That will change the display or sorting from being based on "The Shins" to "Shins, The".

Oct 16, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 6
their name is the shins, though, not shins, the. there must be a way to do this. it used to work for me but i guess i accidentaly changed some code somewhere........

Oct 16, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #4 of 6
Then have it display "%artist%" but have it sort by the longer string.

Oct 16, 2005 at 11:26 AM Post #5 of 6
I have a n00b question too...Thought it would be weird to open a new topic for this....

1. How can I just browse in my folders in foobar? So without adding an albumlist....Because when I add an album list and I delete a file on my computer, nothing changes...Also when I click right-mousebutton ==> refresh.

2. Does support Foobar video (avi, mpeg) with a plugin? That would be cool
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedo
I have a n00b question too...Thought it would be weird to open a new topic for this....

1. How can I just browse in my folders in foobar? So without adding an albumlist....Because when I add an album list and I delete a file on my computer, nothing changes...Also when I click right-mousebutton ==> refresh.

2. Does support Foobar video (avi, mpeg) with a plugin? That would be cool
biggrin.gif

1. You can look for foo_uie_explorer on HA. That's what I use now and prefer it to all other database-based plugin.

2. No foobar doesn't play video file. Never seen any plugin of that kind posted on HA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back