NP3X-B
Mar 10, 2005 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ayt999

Headphoneus Supremus
I got some of the new Neutrik plugs.
biggrin.gif
they look pretty nice and I like the look of this much better than the older NP3C-B model.

the funny thing is... I actually ordered the NP3C-B almost two months ago in January, but since it has been backordered for the whole time and I supposedly canceled that part of my order due to the long delay, I wasn't expecting anything to come. I guess they sent these as a replacement part without telling me. works for me.

10639NP3X-B-med.JPG

Mar 10, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by individual6891
where from?
biggrin.gif

that's for me to know and for you to find out.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
(it's Zack Electronics)

the thing is, I went to their website and they don't even list it so I don't know what's going on... and the invoice lists NP3C-B as the product in the box and there is no mention of replacing it with the NP3X-B.

the stock Qualia cable proves to be useful!! comparison of the NP3C-B (on the Qualia cable) to the NP3X-B
10639NP3C-B_NP3X-B-med.JPG

Mar 10, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 14
the older looks much better.. as with everything.. oh my and I'm just 20, I wonder what am I going to say once I get older
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 14
hrmm now i see the x series in the flesh, i think i do preffer the look of the amphenol acp series.

amphenol.jpg

amphenol2.jpg

amphenolakg.jpg

and yes they are available in black, black w/gold, and nickel w/gold too
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif

Mar 11, 2005 at 6:31 AM Post #7 of 14
is the amphenol acps-gn plug only available in Australia? since I cannot seem to find any info on it other than at their Australian website....

Mar 11, 2005 at 8:09 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
10639NP3C-B_NP3X-B-med.JPG

Is the rear part rubber?

Too bad this new 1/4" plug doesn't match with the looks of the HD series XLR connectors. Maybe Neutrik will make an HD series 1/4" connector.

I loooove those connectors.

-Ed

Mar 11, 2005 at 8:51 AM Post #9 of 14
i bought em in oz coz i live here, but ozymand found them on ebay in the usa http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...302557956&rd=1

so cheap, so nice. tough, light, easy to work with, sleek. everything i want in a 1/4" trs

amphenol also do a chunkier version but it loses the appeal of the ones i use coz theyre so big. fine for studio and live sound work but meh for headphile stuff
280smile.gif

Mar 11, 2005 at 8:58 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Is the rear part rubber?

Too bad this new 1/4" plug doesn't match with the looks of the HD series XLR connectors. Maybe Neutrik will make an HD series 1/4" connector.

I loooove those connectors.

-Ed

the rear thing (upper left in the picture in the first post) seems to be formed from both rubber and plastic, with the lighter-colored part being plastic and rigid for screwing into the metal housing, and the darker-colored part being rubber, much like the corresponding part on the NP3C plug.

I was also hoping that these would look better, but it seems to be more of a replacement or companion product to the NP3C level of connectors so I guess that was asking a bit too much.
tongue.gif

I don't really have much need for 1/4 inch plugs though since apparently all my headphone recabling uses a balanced configuration, and for that I have a nice stash of NC3MX-HD and NC3FX-HD connectors.
biggrin.gif
don't know why I ordered the NP3C-B connectors... I really don't have a use for them. lol

Mar 15, 2005 at 7:32 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
th

I don't really have much need for 1/4 inch plugs though since apparently all my headphone recabling uses a balanced configuration, and for that I have a nice stash of NC3MX-HD and NC3FX-HD connectors.
biggrin.gif
don't know why I ordered the NP3C-B connectors... I really don't have a use for them. lol

YGPM.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Mar 15, 2005 at 8:33 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
YGPM.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

oh... now I understand your PM.
biggrin.gif

what's wrong with keeping a stash of useless parts? I'll use them one of these days... probably for a convertor cable since I doubt I'll make a headphone cable terminated in a 1/4 inch plug with all these balanced headphone amplifiers around.
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #13 of 14
what's the differnce between nickel and gold, soundwise?

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #14 of 14
Loads of sites don't have the NP3X-B in stock. The few that do have crappy shipping charges. I use the NP3C, the professional model - it's a bit thicker and heavier, comparable to the Furutech in terms of build. Both of those cables have pretty excellent strain relief systems, hence why I use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back