Now this is purely interesting - UE selling Westone
Sep 7, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #4 of 12
If you go to the bottom, you can find tons more links encompassing a wide variety of brands.

Not sure what they were planning on doing with this "Resource Guide", though it seems to be old and outdated.

EDIT: Ah beat me to it by a minute.
tongue.gif

Sep 7, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #5 of 12
Unless Logitech have fingers in Apple, Shure, Westone, Etymotic et al this 'Resource Base' is surely just that, altho the products do read like a series of infomercials from the various companies. I don't think UE is actually selling all these, but unless they are accepting advertising from other companies/rivals, I'm not sure why UE is almost promoting other brands by this means - sheer good will to help out audioholics?

Never come across this 'resource' before. Thx for the link.

Sep 7, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #6 of 12
This is probably just a cheaky web technique used in order to improve the UE website's search ranking.

By including pages on their site refer to their competitors they are likely to pick up hits from users who've searched for alternative products, as these pages will get indexed by Google.

Sep 7, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by digivate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is probably just a cheaky web technique used in order to improve the UE website's search ranking.

By including pages on their site refer to their competitors they are likely to pick up hits from users who've searched for alternative products, as these pages will get indexed by Google.

Wow, that's an interesting idea I wouldn't have guessed. thanks.

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #8 of 12
Not quite surprised since in earlier time, Ultimate Ears sent the ear impression to Westone to create the custom earmold and then sent back to Ultimate Ears factory for the IEM components assembly.

Jan 22, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why would this thread be bumped?

x2
bigsmile_face.gif

Just to add some interesting thought into this topic: Westone used to OEM all UE's custom (and I believe some Shure universal too) up till few years ago. Let just say something bad happened and now they go their separate ways.

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
only thing this thread reminded me of was the drama lewislink caused before he got banned lol

I'm new here and just curious why could lewislink got banned?
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back