Now that Philips SHE3590 is discontinued, what is the best alternative?
Jun 21, 2020 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

amithjc

New Head-Fier
I have owned a couple of SHE3590's in the past (they all break down within 6 months) and personally those 7$ V-shaped IEM's have been my favorite sounding sub 25$ IEM. I have tried quite a few in that category. Now that they are not available online, what is the best alternative preferably around 10$? I have a Shure SE 215 which I don't use for overnight train journeys (work) as I got one pair stolen 2 years ago. I am looking for something that can match the Philips in clarity, bass impact without being muddy and also has decent instrument separation. Not looking for anything too harsh. Slightly recessed mids, while not a requirement, are obviously fine, as long as the leftover is clear.

PS : Consider "for the price" applicable for the entire post.

Edit : Tried and did not like Soundmagic E10, Cowon EM1, Sennheiser CX 180,a lot of Sony's (but if there are any gems do tell me). Liked newer Xiaomi earphones but not as clear as the Philips. Didnt get a chance to try older Piston models which are not available anymore. Also some other Philips hoping it would have the same driver and was disappointed (mildly put) with each of them.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 2
The VE Monk Plus seems to be regarded as one of the better sub-$10 earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back