Now that all the HD-DAP are on the market... what next?
Nov 20, 2003 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

austonia

Headphoneus Supremus
I was just thinking the other day... all the Digital Audio Players that I had been waiting for, well, they're now on sale and there ain't much new on the horizon.

what's a guy obsessed with DAP supposed to do..?

I imagine its going to be a long while before Apple, iRiver, Rio, or Creative come out with new models. Up till recently, I had been eagerly awaiting a new model every couple months.. now.. nothing....

frown.gif

I guess Gateway still has thiers coming out later this month but its just a reskinned e.Digital Odyssey... yay

Nov 20, 2003 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 8
I would certainly like to see that happen - i.e. have the zen for 200, the karma for 250 and the iriver for 300 US$ (all 20gb). but i guess popular demand will keep prices up for at least a while. toshiba will double its 1.8" HDD production yield in Feb 04. Maybe that´ll help slash prices.

The strong Euro is a nice treat also for me, buying in the USA.

cheers matt

Nov 20, 2003 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 8
I honestly would like to start seeing 3.5" HDD players pop up, marketed as TRANSportable players instead of portable, with features like easy HDD swap, Digital I/O, Line and Optical I/O, Gigantic screen, and outgoing USB 2.0 and Firewire ports so you could get music from you large device to your portable on the fly.

Think about it for a sec, you could have your entire Rock collection on your IHP-120 while you are at school or work, but then you decide you want to listen to audiobooks, so you just transfer them from your transportable unit to your Iriver with the push of a couple buttons
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back