Now that all the hatings done ...who's getting iGrado's
Aug 5, 2006 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 109

shawntp

100+ Head-Fier
Ok folks, the moment of truth is here (or rather the pre-moment of truth).

The iGrado's are available for pre-prder from TTVJ for a mere $50. With such a bad name and design its bound to be a sleeper. Who else is past all the hating and going to grab a set?

I plan to pre-order for a set at that price just so I can have a kick around grado when I am on the move/cycling and not at home listening to my RS-1's.

Seems like all the grado streetstyle buzz was silenced once the name and photo's came out, but I have remained very interested in these. I just hope they capture that findimental sr60 sound.

Aug 5, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 109
Off TTVJ's site. I guess this WAS the official pic. Oh my.
7.20.06---igrado.jpg

I'm happy with my MS-1/K81DJ tandem at the moment so I think I'll skip the preorder until I hear em.

Aug 5, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 109
I "plan" on getting them for the Grandkids, but 50 bucks a pop is a bit steep for little guys. I'll probably hold off a bit and see if they end up in a B&M situation where MSRP isn't a major factor.

....if not; birthdays are spread out a bit so it isn't such a financial hit all at once!!

...maybe it's the yeller 414s, but the kids wouldn't even consider wearing my MS-1s outside! I mean...if I would let them!!

Aug 5, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I'm happy with my MS-1/K81DJ tandem at the moment so I think I'll skip the preorder until I hear em.

Twin.
tongue.gif

Aug 5, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 109
I would buy a pair if it weren't for the following:

1) For my portable rig I already have a pair of SR-60s, DT250-80s, AKG K81DJs and Shure E4Cs. I can't justify adding the iGrados among those other phones.

2) They are priced to high. If they were priced at $35ish shipped, I would buy a pair 'just because'.

But then again, I am not the intended audience for these phones.

So unless they sound better than the SR-60s and their price is lowered (both cases highly unlikely), there is no way I can justify buying them for myself, or even as a gift for someone else, when I could spend just a few more bucks and buy a pair of SR-60s.

*shrug*

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 109
I guess I am just excited about these because I cycle on average about an hour a day but currently have no on-th-go rig other than a Shuffle and buds. Being a grado fan these look perfect for my specific needs given I don't have any sub $100 knock-around phones in my collection.

I don't impulse buy too many things so I guess I'll just be one of the Guinea pigs this round.

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:40 PM Post #10 of 109
We'll have to see... I mean, I dunno, I just aquried such a fine portable...
k1000smile.gif

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #12 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
We'll have to see... I mean, I dunno, I just aquried such a fine portable...
k1000smile.gif

I think for you that it's best to invest the 50$ in a red wagon so you can bring your new "portable" system with you.

Those are the ugliest headphones I've ever seen. Open+portable? Stick to what you do best, 50$ says the iGrados will take off just like Betamax.

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #14 of 109
They won't outperform my K81DJ.

Aug 5, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #15 of 109
I won't buy it because I'm going to make my own streetstyle cans once I get the materials for it. Screw iGrado, I still want a leather headband and the classic Grado look if I'm going to have a Grado streetstyle.

(BTW: does anyone have any sr325 housings for sale? I think that silver housings would look freaking sweet in my streetstyle cans)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back