Now I KNOW a source is important---1212M is AMAZING
Nov 4, 2004 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Vedder323

500+ Head-Fier
I never bought into the whole "Source-first-theory" until today. I have owned many cheapo players in the past and ive owned some sources that were "supposed" to be great at low prices. Such players as the Toshiba 3950 were a big disappointment becuase I never felt it was a big difference from a regular $100 cd/dvd player. In the past weeks, I have read many people talk about the EMU 1212M just as people talked about the Toshiba 3950. Most claims put it on par with $500+ players and at first, I laughed at the ridiculous sheep that would spend rapid cash in order to jump on this tidal wave of claims and reviews. Well... after humbling myself a little and realizing I only have $200 to loose, I took the challenge!

My 1212M arrived today...

Installation was easy but getting the settings right in Foobar WAS NOT... I for one didnt realize that the answer to getting my settings right would be much easier than I was making it. For details read my troubled post here... http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91897

Anyhow... the VERY SECOND I pressed play and heard the music reach my ears... I nearly fell off my chair! Yes! Im not even joking! It was a HUGE IMMEDIATE DIFFERENCE from my other players and Audigy 2 ZS! I feel as if another layer of music has been pulled back and the entire soundstage became FAR MORE exciting and ALIVE. I am still in awe over what this card has done for me and I HUMBLY apologize for ever thinking you guys were on crack with the Source-first-Theory. Heck, I now know its not a theory, it is a FACT. Forget the Toshiba 3950, buy an Emu 1212M!!!

Nov 4, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 28
I like the emu-1212m too. I have owned a quite a few DACS, including several in the 4-6k range. It compares VERY well to those DACS, and for some attributes bests them!

Enjoy!

Nov 4, 2004 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 28
I know exacty what you mean. I bought a 3950 and I still can't see what all the hubbub is about.
But the 1212m is incredible. I feel it is the best bang for the buck that just about anyone can do for their system.

Nov 4, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 28
Wow... I'm glad you're happy with your new source
smily_headphones1.gif

It seems you didn't have the "it's detailed, but pretty boring... get an 0404" reaction that seems to be more and more common around here.

Nov 4, 2004 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
It seems you didn't have the "it's detailed, but pretty boring... get an 0404" reaction that seems to be more and more common around here.

Well, he owns HD600s, after all.
wink.gif

~KS

Nov 4, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS
Well, he owns HD600s, after all.
wink.gif

~KS

That's right, he has good taste
wink.gif

I love my 1212m too, down with 0404 !

600smile.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
That's right, he has good taste
wink.gif

I love my 1212m too, down with 0404 !

600smile.gif

Oh low blow there. If you ever want to particapate in the music instead of just hearing it, come over to my house and I'll let you listen to my 0404 for a bit...

just a bit though.

Nov 4, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #9 of 28
where/how do i manually input 192000 sampling rate?

I only have foobar's dsp manager with a resampler that only goes up to 96khz and with foobar's resammpler i think it used my cpu to do it since i notice an increase in cpu usage.

Nov 4, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #12 of 28
Another congrats on the 1212M. Probably as much source as most people will ever need. Enjoy the heck out of it. If you do ever get tired of it, well you know what to do
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mega
Ah..i really want to jump ship to team EMU, but im still debating if ill hear a difference from my TerraTec 6fire 24/96 to the 0404..

Well according to Pbirkett, perhaps the greatest EWX fan until a few days ago, it is quite an impressive upgrade.
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 6:07 AM Post #13 of 28
Agh! This is the absoltute last thread I need to read right now...

*read: broke*

tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 6:12 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Another congrats on the 1212M. Probably as much source as most people will ever need. Enjoy the heck out of it. If you do ever get tired of it, well you know what to do

yes Sir! Gimme some time to enjoy her, ill look you up when im ready!

Thanks

Guys... this has has been the most enjoyable night ever! I am in love and im using it with a $40 DIY CMOY! Ill let you know how she gets along with my PPX3
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vedder323
yes Sir! Gimme some time to enjoy her, ill look you up when im ready!

Thanks

Guys... this has has been the most enjoyable night ever! I am in love and im using it with a $40 DIY CMOY! Ill let you know how she gets along with my PPX3
wink.gif

Ahhh, very good choice!!! I am loving the hell out of mine as we speak. I have this forum to thank for it. Come to think of it, I think I am going to start an E-MU 1212M team.... who's in?
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back