(Now Finished) PCM2902 USB-S/PDIF PCB Group Buy
Mar 9, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #33 of 218
If there isn't enough room, you could consider using the 470uF/6v3 instead (p/n P11169). I don't think the slightly lower capacitance is a problem and if you order in a hurry, DigiKey still has some available
wink.gif
tongue.gif

/U.

Mar 11, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #35 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisbeth
EDIT: Andy, perhaps you can post the in the thread at diyaudio?
smily_headphones1.gif

Done
eggosmile.gif

Mar 11, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #37 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradJudy
This looks like an easy fun thing to play with. Does it require any particular driver/software to put out PCM under WIndows XP or Mac OS X?

The drivers are builtin to win2k, winXP, win2003, winME, OSX, Linux, FreeBSD, and NetBSD. I don't know about OpenBSD, MacOS9, Solaris, etc. Win98, WinNT, and anything older don't work out of the box, and there may or may not be drivers available (there probably are for 98, but it is less likely for NT, 95, 3.1, etc.)

Windows will put out a 48khz pcm signal (asio may fix this to 44.1, but I don't know -- check the computer audio forum), OSX a 44.1khz, and I think *nix is probably 48, but you'll have to check this too.

-d

Mar 11, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #38 of 218
Hi,

Im just starting to put together an music server and this looks like a great first project. Are SMDs used on this and if so, how many. Sorry but Im not really familiar with alot of the parts listed and SMDs and I havent gotten along very well.

Thanks, Mansfield

Mar 11, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #39 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by mansfield
Hi,

Im just starting to put together an music server and this looks like a great first project. Are SMDs used on this and if so, how many. Sorry but Im not really familiar with alot of the parts listed and SMDs and I havent gotten along very well.

By my count, fully half of the parts are SMD -- I count 73 smd soldered connections
smily_headphones1.gif
While the projects is not too complex, it does require pretty decent soldering skills.

Mar 11, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #41 of 218
Regards compatibility; it will work with any OS that natively supports USB. WinXP, Win2K, Linux, Mac OS-X etc.... It will work on the second edition of Win98, but not the very original without the USB patch. I don't know much about the various Mac OS', but if a USB device is plug and play in it, it will probably be fine...

Nearly at 75 guarenteed. 100 is the next target
smily_headphones1.gif
1 week left!

g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back