NoVa/DC/MD Meet: June 18th
May 16, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #32 of 112
I've been keeping my eye on this thread and the upcoming event.  I believe that the weekend of the 18th, things should be opened up for me.  I don't have too much exciting gear - just a few pair of Grados that make me content.  

Also, I love micro-brews, since that appears to be on the agenda at some point.  Some of my favorites are served at the Dogfish Head Tavern at the 7-Corners area, where they have a pub.  I'm into their Black 'n tan made with the 60 minute IPA.  It has about an 8.5% alcohol content.  About 3 of those and one is feeling quite good.  Then again, they have the "Lawnmower Lite" which is a light lager, with about 3.5% alcohol and quite a few less calories.

Oh, just so I don't scare anyone off, I don't look anything like my avatar.  My avatar is of the guy from Kentucky where some drunk rednecks who were trying to buy a lawnmower from him started to mess with him and they took out a knife and cut some of his beard off and made him eat it.  The video is pretty easy to find using Google if you want a good laugh.

May 16, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #33 of 112
Would like to come for this, especially to try out the beer afterwards. However, I'm in the Philli area and it would be quite a drive 
frown.gif
 and I'm not sure what my schedule would be at that time. I would be able to get my RSA Apache, Promitheus NOS Dac and balanced LCD-2.

May 18, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #34 of 112
I think you should take your computer parts back and pick up a Volcano/Apex, a Red Wine Audio HPA, and a Leben for me to check out.  If you have any change left over there are a couple DACs I really want to check out too.   :)

May 21, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #39 of 112

Quote:
If I could make a request.  Nothing from Lady GaGa, please. 
biggrin.gif

Not a problem. XD 

I've been told by my friends that my taste in music is very diverse (which is why I decided about a year ago that I needed a decent pair of headphones, cause half of my days are spent listening). As far as genres go I enjoy jazz, electronica, rock, hip-hop (of the good variety),  shoegaze, ambient, classical, and just about anything and everything really.

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to headphones, so I'm looking forward to learning some things at the meet. :)

May 21, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #40 of 112
Mmm, shoegaze. I have no idea how I am going to transport my setup. Just BTW guys. 

I will organize the beginning thread to include people's setups soon. If you are attending then please, please, list the gear you are bringing. Thank you. 

May 22, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #41 of 112

Quote:
Not a problem. XD 

I've been told by my friends that my taste in music is very diverse (which is why I decided about a year ago that I needed a decent pair of headphones, cause half of my days are spent listening). As far as genres go I enjoy jazz, electronica, rock, hip-hop (of the good variety),  shoegaze, ambient, classical, and just about anything and everything really.

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to headphones, so I'm looking forward to learning some things at the meet. :)

Actually, I'm very diverse in my music, too.  My daughter plays the violin, so I get quite a bit of classical exposure with her concerts - but, don't really listen to classical at home.  However, I'll play anything from Cowboy Junkies, Eric Clapton, Jane Moneit, Diana Krall, etc.

May 22, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #42 of 112
Hi all,
I'm extremely new to the thread (as in, I just signed up a few minutes ago). I'm very new to the headphone game (owned a pair of etymotic HF-5s for a couple years) and I just bought the Grado SR 225i after doing a bunch of research. I don't have other equipment, but I'm a lifelong classical listener and I want to experience it in a different way. Anyway, I live in DC and I thought it'd be cool to meet up with some people who already have a host of equipment because I have a lot of questions about sound, headphones and equipment,  I'm trying to figure out whether I should keep my Grados. If I come to the meet up, would anyone be willing to help a noob out by perhaps answering some questions? I appreciate it!

May 22, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #44 of 112
That's the whole point of the meets and it's the only way you'll ever see the selection of gear you'll find at the meet.  The 225's are awesome, is there something about them you don't like or just curious.  I have a set of highly modified 325's and they are my favorite headphones ever - and I just spent the afternoon listening to someone else's LCD-2s.  Sadly, they probably wont make it to the next meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back