Nov '07 Partial Giveaway - Triple Grab-Bag!
Nov 2, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #62 of 122
How is this a giveaway?

Isn't anyone else seeing what's going on here?

This a straight trade or sale thread, NOT a giveaway. Sure you could argue terms are not very benificial to the OP, but does anyone seriously think the OP will chose $5 over headphones/amps/gear?

This is a bloody auction!

Just because they have had giveaways before or have a 4.8 thousand post count doesn't mean they can bend the rules!

Can someone honestly tell me why this shouldn't this be in the FS forum?

EK

EDIT: Is everyone else seeing the same thing I am?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How To Enter:
Post a reply to this thread specifically mentioning the item or monetary amount that you will give me in the event you are the winner. Once posted, items or monetary amounts cannot be edited or retracted - so please don't enter if you're not willing to part with an item or pay money (again, the minimum is $5). Monetary amounts will be expected to be sent via PayPal.

Items must be able to be categorized as audio equipment or audio electronics or audio electronics parts, no other items will be accepted. Posts with items that aren't audio equipment will not be allowed to win. (This includes CDs, gift cards, etc.)

Items must also be in good working order (minimum 6/10 rating on the Audiogon scale). If I receive beat-up, malfunctioning, or otherwise useless items, negative feedback will be posted to your feedback thread and I will hunt you down!
tongue.gif
[/i]

So Head-Fiers must "give" (sounds a lot like "pay" to me) money (real dollars!) to "win"? Fantastic!

Or, you can "give" (hmmm... "trade"?) your audio equipment to "win" more audio equipment? Brilliant!

Seriously, this is allowed in the Member's Lounge?
rolleyes.gif

How did this thread reach 4 pages?

Nov 2, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #64 of 122
If I win I'll give you a pair of nearly new (used 3 or 4 times) Koss KSC75.

Nov 2, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #66 of 122
Disclaimer: this post, just like the one I quoted do not really belong in this thread IMHO, so mods feel free to remove these as far as I'm concerned Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but does anyone seriously think the OP will chose $5 over headphones/amps/gear?

the OP will use a random number generator and has done so for each previous giveaway so he won't "choose" anything, he is just limiting the participators to ppl willing to offer 'something' in return for the generosity of this community
Quote:

Just because they have had giveaways before or have a 4.8 thousand post count doesn't mean they can bend the rules!

please link me to those rules involving giveaways as I was thinking of doing one myself for the items I posted here (if I don't win
tongue.gif
) and I'd hate to be breaking any rules doing so
wink.gif

Quote:

So Head-Fiers must "give" (sounds a lot like "pay" to me) money (real dollars!) to "win"? Fantastic!

well, at least the enormous amount of $5 (which really is almost nothing for non-US'ers with the low dollar now)
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Or, you can "give" (hmmm... "trade"?) your audio equipment to "win" more audio equipment? Brilliant!

yes, most likely items that aren't really used by us anymore and that would perhaps end up in a giveaway anyway (my situation)

yes, technically this is a non-equivalent trade/sale (just like all those giveaways before where you had to offer a CD you liked for a chance to win a big prize and the October Raffle etc). This is a lottery and not a sale/trade. And what's more, it is a great lottery as you do not have to pay for a ticket to enter, but only if you actually win... I really don't get what bothers you about this: if you don't like it, don't participate Quote:

How did this thread reach 4 pages?

by posts from ppl who care about good fun, love to win a nice prize and don't feel too cheap to offer a bit in return to the community that offers them this chance (and one whino who needed to spill some gall and some other know-all that felt obliged to answer of course
wink.gif
)

I hope you noticed no-one has been called names for low counteroffers or anything like that... and for all we know, the counteroffer (if audio equipment) will just end up as part of the December prize or something but really: this guy has done so many giveaways this year alone he deserves something in return for all I care. Heck you (and I) have even given more money than the minimum here to this community by contributing without having a chance to win anything and that link is on every page
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #67 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Televator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the OP will use a random number generator and has done so for each previous giveaway so he won't "choose" anything...

I missed that part.

*Ahem* Slightly more legit now.

wink.gif

EK

Nov 2, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #68 of 122
Quote:

I missed that part.

*Ahem* Slightly more legit now.

wink.gif

EK

all you have to do is check out his "winners list" to see that he is not doing this for personal gain, not in the least.

Oh and I'll offer 25 dollars if I win, headsix or mini^3 would be sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back