Notification About Coexistence of FiiO Previous and New Logos
Apr 24, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #16 of 24
Maybe I didn't explain myself with the right words, mine wasn't advice for us in the forum but for FiiO as a company, it was an exhortation to take better care of their products even when they left the shops and ended up in our homes. As recently as two years ago we forum users were asked for advice on how to change their logo... I honestly think they need to worry more about how they are perceived as a company, if as a company that helps their customers solve problems that there may be or rather one that leaves them at the mercy of events or fortune and all this regardless of which characters it uses for its logo. That's all. Sorry for my bad english.

Fair points.

Here’s an anecdote that may or may not shed some light on FiiO’s branding change:

I worked as a graphic artist in an agency environment for many years. I’ve seen lots of companies rebrand and re-logo. From outside it can seem like a trivial and superficial marketing move, but in many cases a logo change also indicates a sea change in the general corporate culture of the company, usually for the better. Companies rebranding with the ulterior motive of shilling inferior product are a rarity and most agencies won’t work with clients that appear to be doing that.

Apr 24, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #17 of 24
I'm not sure about the new logo, as I don't think it looks better than the old one. The new one looks a little odd, to be honest. But I don't buy audio gear based on the logo. I own tens of thousands of dollars worth of audio gear, but quite frankly I still love my M3 Pro and I take it everywhere I go when I travel. It's the perfect size for travel and has intuitive buttons that can be used when the screen is off, so the battery lasts forever. The frequency balance is tilted towards the warm, bassy side of things which suits my preference and adds body to the music, despite it not being "reference sounding". I don't care much about reference sound and critical listening when I'm traveling with a miniature portable player like the M3 Pro anyways. It's clean sounding, has great features, it's easy to operate with reliable on-screen gestures, and has a deep, bassy sound that suits my music library. And it's very small. I love it. I've owned other DAPs in the $1000+ range and I sold them all because they were either too complex to use on travel, had limited battery life, or they didn't have an engaging, enjoyable sound that I needed when I was on the move. But yet I still have my M3 Pro and will never sell it. Too bad they discontinued it.

FiiO makes good products, regardless of the logo. But for this thread, I'm commenting on the fact that the new logo looks worse than the old one, that's all. I still wish them the best of luck in terms of business, as they produce great products.

P.S.: Bring back the M3 Pro!

Apr 25, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #20 of 24
Fair points.

Here’s an anecdote that may or may not shed some light on FiiO’s branding change:

I worked as a graphic artist in an agency environment for many years. I’ve seen lots of companies rebrand and re-logo. From outside it can seem like a trivial and superficial marketing move, but in many cases a logo change also indicates a sea change in the general corporate culture of the company, usually for the better. Companies rebranding with the ulterior motive of shilling inferior product are a rarity and most agencies won’t work with clients that appear to be doing that.

If they paid an agency to come up with that then they need a refund 😅. It makes their products look cheap to me. If I was a none audio person unaware of most brands and I was choosing a product I'd probably skip past that one thinking it was the stores own brand.

Apr 25, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #21 of 24
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back