Noticing some crackling in my headphones
Aug 22, 2005 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

D41LYBR34Dm4n

New Head-Fier
I have the AKG K271's and ever since I got them in December I've noticed this crackling using an iRiver H320, pluggin into my comp's onboard sound, and the receiver for the receiver for my TV sound set up. It seems to occur mostly at extreme low frequencies when low toms on a drums are being played for example. Also it seems to occur during certain high notes. Not very often though. Could it be the headphones or are they not being powered enough?

Aug 22, 2005 at 6:03 AM Post #4 of 9
the driver is the miniature speaker in the headphone. there are two, one on the left and one on the right, they are what produce the sound you hear

Aug 22, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #5 of 9
Where would the hair be stuck? I see a couple tiny ones in the mesh black stuff that covers teh speaker thing up but those shouldn't affect anything. Should I take off the circular foam mesh black stuff?
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2005 at 8:26 AM Post #7 of 9
Take your can apart as much as possible, clean everything (puff, puff), reassamble it, and there we go.

Aug 28, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #9 of 9
[Sigh] Bring it to your next dealer and ask him to open and clean everything. Don't think he'll charge much more than a frown and 5 $.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back