Notice to SOHA Builders
Jan 13, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #31 of 38
I just noticed that digi01 posted his cam files for version3 on headwize. No one wanted to try and build these here in the states? He must have made those available so we could.

Jan 13, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gentlemen, I am not trying to run down digi01. I am merely stating the facts, in a sgheadphones group buy, we purchased both SOHA pcb and the assembled buffers in mid 2006. The SOHA arrived after a few months but the buffers have not.

I am just trying to say that digi01 may not have actually made the buffer boards he has offered for sale. I have not heard any one said they have received the buffer boards. Perhaps I missed the posts?

As usual, caveat emptor.

Heady,
Vixr definitely purchased and received one of Digi's buffer boards. I could sware I saw a post from Digi to you that stated he was cancelling that order and you need to purchase through his website.

In any event, all of the purchases and deliveries from Digi have been resolved at Headwize.

As for his buffer, I'm not sure it's a robust solution. It doesn't zero DC offset, and it only offers current capability at the same level of the OPA2134. You can see pictures of the boards on his site.

Headphonejunkie,
V3 is the same board that's out and DIYer's are building. The files are there to comply with the Headwize rules for a Group Buy - that the layouts are openly sourced and that anyone else can make the boards, too. That said, I doubt there's any of us who can get them produced at Digi's price. So, if the complaints still fly, keep that in mind.
wink.gif

P.S. About Canada - it's shipping into the country that's a problem. The US Postal Office is familiar with the numerous forms, delays, and rejections. Origination from Canada is probably not an issue. I have ordered from Parts Connection, too - with very good results and service.

Jan 13, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #33 of 38
You are right there. I did a quick check and saw someplace that wanted $51 for three boards. That seems like a lot. I suppose the price could go down with a big order. I am new to all of this so I will say some stupid things sometimes. Sorry.

Jan 13, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in a sgheadphones group buy

Hey there Heady, I just clicked on your sgheadphones link. I had no idea there was yet another place for me to be involved with headphones! Cool, man!

Jan 13, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey there Heady, I just clicked on your sgheadphones link. I had no idea there was yet another place for me to be involved with headphones! Cool, man!

It took my SOHA PCBs approx 9 months from a group buy to get to my house. Quite the gong show, but I ordered other SOHA pcbs from a member from head-fi which took only days.

Jan 14, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #36 of 38
9 months from china? That is a long time. You have one you would like to sell me?

Jan 14, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hi bhjazz, you are welcome. sgheadphones forum is small and not as active as here. But it serves those in our part of the world, so we can share about things we can get our hands on.

Jan 14, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heady,
Vixr definitely purchased and received one of Digi's buffer boards. I could sware I saw a post from Digi to you that stated he was cancelling that order and you need to purchase through his website.

In any event, all of the purchases and deliveries from Digi have been resolved at Headwize.

As for his buffer, I'm not sure it's a robust solution. It doesn't zero DC offset, and it only offers current capability at the same level of the OPA2134. You can see pictures of the boards on his site.

Headphonejunkie,
V3 is the same board that's out and DIYer's are building. The files are there to comply with the Headwize rules for a Group Buy - that the layouts are openly sourced and that anyone else can make the boards, too. That said, I doubt there's any of us who can get them produced at Digi's price. So, if the complaints still fly, keep that in mind.
wink.gif

P.S. About Canada - it's shipping into the country that's a problem. The US Postal Office is familiar with the numerous forms, delays, and rejections. Origination from Canada is probably not an issue. I have ordered from Parts Connection, too - with very good results and service.

Thanks tomb. The problem is the money which digi01 has already received for the buffer order. Anyway, it's water under the bridge. Thanks again for your opinion re: digi's buffer design. Makes it a less unpleasant incident. I must say the SOHA board when it finally came was well made.

Re: custom. I am blessed to be staying here in Singapore. Packages from Tangent and Amb comes within a week or 9 days and no custom problems. I think if the value is below approx US$300, they don't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back