Notebook music: Indigo DJ or E-MU 0404 USB
Sep 19, 2007 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

StevenBrouwer

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I wonder what to which sound card to take for my notebook. It's mainly for use with my speakers/amp, who are 30 years old. So the DAC and line out quality is most important to me.
The 0404 is supposedly better, but I don't really like a extern box and I wonder if it will work well in fast action games, because of FPS drops and latency.
DJ is smaller which is nice.
Will also use it sometimes with HD555/Atrio M5, so amp is also important.
But is the difference in DAC big enough to do some sacrifices and buy the 0404 instead of the DJ?
What do you guys think?
plainface.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 4
BUMP!

Sep 21, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 4
I have only the emu so i can't talk about the echo card. If you read some older post about emu's audio quality, you will find your answer.
About the lags and performance drops, i never seen anything like that with the emu while gaming, however the pcmcia is allways a better solution than the usb.

BTW, i know that it is a rude thing to answer a question by a question, but: Is your speaker rig good enough to hear the difference? If not, go for the Echo.

Sep 22, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 4
That's is not a rude question at all. That is the whole point in fact. If I won't be able to hear the difference it would be clear to me. But I somehow have a feeling that good audio quality doesn't find in such a small express card/pc card. And there will be some noticeable things.

The amplifier is a pioneer sx-450 and the speakers are of Dynaco. They were pretty expensive in those days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back