Mar 9, 2008 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

LukeV

Head-Fier
omg.jpg

Hehe made me laugh
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 20
So she speaks for all of us huh?

Well I could pick your headphones, but instead I'll choose triports for you.
tongue.gif

/My husband says the same thing. Does that mean that men should never choose headphones?
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
omg.jpg

Hehe made me laugh
biggrin.gif

Nice. ahhhh the days of chatting to all my buddies !! I miss that
frown.gif
Even a couple years after high school I chatted with my friends regularly, but nobody's online anymore.

Mar 9, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So she speaks for all of us huh?

Well I could pick your headphones, but instead I'll choose triports for you.
tongue.gif

/My husband says the same thing. Does that mean that men should never choose headphones?
wink.gif

Hehe it's not really meant to be taken seriously. I doubt the picture changed the way people think. It's just a joke
biggrin.gif
She actually did help me pick out the headphones.

Mar 9, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe it's not really meant to be taken seriously. I doubt the picture changed the way people think. It's just a joke
biggrin.gif
She actually did help me pick out the headphones.

I know, that's why I put a
tongue.gif
and a
wink.gif
- and for daring to question me, you now get some Skullcandy. Pink.
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never let your <<<insert spouse, significant other, life partner, etc. here>>> choose your headphones for you.

Isn't that rule stickied somewhere on this forum?
tongue.gif

If not it should be HUUUZAAAH!!
cool.gif

jk ofcourse

Yeh I think I'd prefer the triports tyvm
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #11 of 20
My wife hated my Grados and loves my HD600's. Much better looking, she says. She doesn't really care about the price of my equipment....Thank Buddha.

Mar 9, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #12 of 20
And oh the irony, he's the one that got me into this with his old dt990 600ohms plugged into a Sony D-11. Hey, it's a start.

The headphones he has left on his head the longest are these, the manufacture 600ohm dt990s, and the ms-2i.

Otherwise, headphones just sound like headphones to him.

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 20
once i talked to my girl cousin online with my webcam on while wearing my grados. she said they looked cool and she would wear them to school.. i told her she'd get jumped and have the headphones stolen.. she laughed at the thought of that... but i was telling her i was being serious... then i asked her to guess how much they are.. so she took a wild guess and asked "$80" but i kind of grinned, so she was like what!? $100? they can't be more! but i never told her to true price for what i paid for them ($600) because she would think i'm a psycho

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #14 of 20
Many years ago, my mom worked for Midland Electronics. She got me an employee discount on my first hi-fi: Midland receiver, nasty Midland speakers, BSR record changer. The BSR was nasty too, I just ignored the Black & Decker-ness of it. I even tweaked the BSR and the speakers, one of which I still have.

She sometimes brought home gear which would otherwise have been thrown away: an electric guitar and some headphones. I remember them with their thick, padded headbands, coiled cables, and huge ear cups. I even replaced the drivers in one of them. I have no idea what happened to them or how good they sounded, but I was glad to have them.

I think that was it until I bought my first Stax.

Laz

Mar 10, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #15 of 20
I pretty much stick to the rule of "never let anyone that's not you pick your headphones"

That's not to say you can't let them PAY for them
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back