Note 10 and Fiio q1 Mk II
Feb 18, 2020 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

100+ Head-Fier
Hello

Have a question re: Note 10 and Fiio Q1 Mk II - have not been able to find information specific to the Note 10 as it is a bit different from the previous Galaxy and Note models - from what I understand this one does not have a DAC.

1.- The Fiio Q1 Mk II looks wonderfully - and right or wrong, have my heart set on it, so trying hard to make sure it works.
2.- Some of the information is contradictory - One source of information says that using the USB-C - USB C OTG cable sold by Fiio should be enough for this to work
3.- However some other site indicates that regular USB-C to USB-C should be used.

Any experience or confirmed method? which one is the right way? - Samsung's help site has info mostly about the Galaxy models, not this one.

4.- Oh before I forget - one more question - since this one does not have a DAC some people say USB Player Pro is not necessary, just say in the USB options to route audio to it - yet other sources says it is necessary. Again - any experience on what the actual truth is?

Thanks so much in advance for your help

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #4 of 6
Have a question re: Note 10 and Fiio Q1 Mk II - have not been able to find information specific to the Note 10 as it is a bit different from the previous Galaxy and Note models - from what I understand this one does not have a DAC.

Yikes...if that's true then if I have to hand it over to show something on YT or an internet call I'm going to have to hand over the wireless earbuds too. And I can't even use it as just a phone, I'd need the earbuds for anything other than a regular phone call.

Who decided to make this thing?! Not buying a Samsung again after my S9, the new ones are so inconvenient to use!

4.- Oh before I forget - one more question - since this one does not have a DAC some people say USB Player Pro is not necessary, just say in the USB options to route audio to it - yet other sources says it is necessary. Again - any experience on what the actual truth is?

USB Player Pro hasn't been necessary on Galaxy phones since the S3. Had that, the S7 Edge, S9, Note 3, and Note 4. All worked perfectly, never tried UAPP more so with the USB audio drivers and parametric EQ in Neutron Music Player.

Feb 24, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 6
I think the Note 10 should be compatible with the Q1 Mark II.
The FiiO CL06 cable is always a good addition because otherwise the Q1 Mark II can charge himself by discharging the android-phone's battery.

Feb 24, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #6 of 6
USB Player Pro hasn't been necessary on Galaxy phones since the S3. Had that, the S7 Edge, S9, Note 3, and Note 4. All worked perfectly, never tried UAPP more so with the USB audio drivers and parametric EQ in Neutron Music Player.

I think the Note 10 should be compatible with the Q1 Mark II.
The FiiO CL06 cable is always a good addition because otherwise the Q1 Mark II can charge himself by discharging the android-phone's battery.

Really appreciate the help - going for it! - Thnx!

v

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back