Not very impressed with Stax US importer
Oct 29, 2004 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MoodyDragon

Head-Fier
I had emailed them requesting to know what places in New York or Miami Florida I could possibly go to to audition the Omega headphone.... Inspite of my sending two emails, I have not heard back from them.

Given the cost these sell at, rather disappointed at their sales staff.

Oct 29, 2004 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 7
Those are big cities, I'm sure you could find Head-fiers with O2's to audition.

Oct 29, 2004 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 7
Or save about 40% and buy directly from AudioCubes in Japan. See advertiser link top right.

Oct 29, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude
Or save about 40% and buy directly from AudioCubes in Japan. See advertiser link top right.

The problem is, I do need to audition these before sinking this kind of money into something that has, at best, a divided fan following here.

Oct 29, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 7
i agree, go to extreme ends to find a pair to audition before spending that much money on a pair of headphones. as a stax owner and lover, i would run out and buy a pair of omegas site unseen, however ymmv and i'd hate to see you disappointed after dropping that much $$$$$$!

Oct 29, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #6 of 7
one more thing to think about is your source. as long as you have a mid fi to higher end source to run them out of you should be okay, i would never think of running my sony ns500v with my stax because it would just sound like crap. stax phones have a really fine ability to find flaws in sources so that is something else to think about before dropping that much cash.

Oct 29, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #7 of 7
If you ever travel across PA to Philly, you are welcome to come over and listen to my Omega 2 setup. I would definitely recommend to try before you buy. It is dissapointing that the Stax US distributor has little presence. I had good experience purchasing from a Japan importer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back