Not too sure where this should go, but looking for some advice...
Nov 14, 2012 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BFDMB

New Head-Fier
So I have a pair of Ultrasone Pro900's that I'm having problems with. The speaker in the right ear cup cut out  on me a few days ago, like stopped working completely. I thought maybe I blew the speaker as I like my music loud (yes I know it's bad for my hearing, but who doesn't like to be able to feel their music?) anyway, I tried them again last night and the speaker worked again for a few minutes before a bassy song made it cut out again. I took them apart to see if maybe the force of the vibration broke a connection loose inside, but the wires connecting to the driver look fine, so it has to be a connection inside the driver itself. I can get it to work again sometimes with some tapping on the earcup during playback, but it cuts out again shortly after. I don't really feel like going through the hassle of sending them away to have them serviced by Ultrasone, and already have a replacement pair on the way. So I'm thinking about selling them to someone who would be willing to get the repair done themselves, I'm just wondering how much money I could get for them if I was to sell them? Other than that issue they are perfectly functional and have probably ~200 hours listening time on them. Any advice would be much appreciated. I was planning to just sell them on ebay, but maybe we can make a deal if anybody wants to make an offer. Sorry if this is the wrong place for a post like this, I'm pretty much brand new to this forum. Never post, only ever come here to read reviews etc. Thanks to anybody who reads this and has anything to contribute.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 3
Hopefully you are not just trying to get around the buy/sell forum posting restrictions by asking a thinly veiled "question" that is really just a sales pitch - we've had those plenty of times before and the mods usually just delete them.

I would just post them in the Buy/Sell forum with exactly this explanation, and a price of "Best Offer" and see if you get any offers. Of course, to do that, you are going to have to be an active enough poster to do the deal. Alternatively, you can just put them on eBay and see what you get. In my book, they are essentially worthless to everyone except someone else with a pair of Pro900s with a bad driver. It could be anything from a blown voicecoil to a loose wire. Anyone who buys them is taking a big risk - and that means the resale value is low - if the risk was low, then you would repair them yourself and sell them as a working pair for much more.

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #3 of 3
Sorry if that's what it sounds like to you, I thought I was asking a legit question. You're right though, it could be a number of things wrong with them and me taking the earcup apart probably didn't help. I'm probably just going to send them in to get repaired and keep them around as a spare, I just wanted to hear someone else's take on it. If I do decide to sell them after having them serviced I'll repost in the buy/sell section like suggested. This thread can be closed now, I really have nothing else to add. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back