Not to be a poop, but man, Shakira? Yikes.
Mar 12, 2002 at 5:39 PM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Ha! Liar! LOL, shes right on the cover man!
very_evil_smiley.gif

But I don't own the album, they were playing it in the store. I had to ask what it was.

Besides, (I have now seen the cover), the whole "thighs" thing isn't on the cover, it's just a weird angle of her face. I meant the overall "look".

skippy -- wasn't she underaged on that show? Never saw it, just remember her mentioning it in an interview.

Mar 12, 2002 at 7:43 PM Post #48 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by skippy
flipper the tv show. you got to see her in a bathing suit a lot.

But wasn't that show from the 60s or 70s?

Mar 12, 2002 at 8:38 PM Post #49 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

But wasn't that show from the 60s or 70s?

LOL, she did a remake show back in the mid 90's, it was syndicated. It played on WB11 (or whatever they call it now) here in NY.

Mar 12, 2002 at 9:00 PM Post #50 of 61
yeah it was a silly show, but it had jessica alba in a wet bikini stroking a dolphin. what more do you want?
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2002 at 10:17 PM Post #51 of 61
Gloco, yes, it was years ago (I was still in school, I graduated from College now!) Liam and Noel swapped places. Liam was on the Piano and Noel was on the Mic, they both mime to the song very badly on purposed and Liam clearly pretended to play the piano. Top of the Pops's bosses was quite angry afterwards but it was very funny.

That said, some bands do sing live, bands like blur. But these so call pop stars and dances music people played a CD and mime to their music. It's very obvious as they'll be jumping around performing and you don't hear any missed note or any heavy breathing.

Mar 12, 2002 at 10:23 PM Post #52 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
Gloco, yes, it was years ago (I was still in school, I graduated from College now!) Liam and Noel swapped places. Liam was on the Piano and Noel was on the Mic, they both mime to the song very badly on purposed and Liam clearly pretended to play the piano. Top of the Pops's bosses was quite angry afterwards but it was very funny.

That said, some bands do sing live, bands like blur. But these so call pop stars and dances music people played a CD and mime to their music. It's very obvious as they'll be jumping around performing and you don't hear any missed note or any heavy breathing.

Yeah, i hate that miming crap. I don't understand why they made Oasis mime when other bands obviously played live like you said. Doesn't make sense
confused.gif

..and i'm glad they ridiculed the show, its really lame to mime.

Mar 12, 2002 at 10:30 PM Post #53 of 61
Here is a pic of her from the Flipper show...

Mar 12, 2002 at 10:32 PM Post #54 of 61
A montage from the show of her
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #56 of 61
In defense of Shakira, I think a lot of Americans get a bad impression of her just because of her latest album with most songs sung in English. Guess what? English isn't her native tongue. It's definitely going to be awkward to listen to her. I personally think the Spanish version of Whenever, Wherever is MUCH MUCH better than the one you hear on the radio/MTV. The first time I heard her voice, I thought it was a bit like Alanis Morrisette's with the weird cracking at certain pitches, so you just have to get used to that characteristic. Personally, I think it was a shame that she had to sing in English to cater to the American crowd and wish she would've left the whole album in Spanish, like her other albums, which are also good - but I guess it had to be done to boost the sales.

Regardless of her different voice, and her attempting to sing in a foreign language, I think she's an excellent musician and song writer.

Mar 12, 2002 at 11:39 PM Post #57 of 61
dark angel is pretty good i reckon. in australia, we've been shown the end of series 1, series 2 hasn't started yet over here. i reckon s2 will be worse than s1 coz of the love relationship between max and logan. i dunno, it'll be more soppy and not enough comedy
smily_headphones1.gif

btw, what do u guys think of alias? it's just started over here, about 4th episode now. it looks pretty good i reckon, though that gadget guy is annoying haha. is it sort of comparable with dark angel? like a leading chick whose tough? haha

Mar 13, 2002 at 12:04 AM Post #58 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
Ok I admit, I used to watch Flipper just to see her.
smily_headphones1.gif

Same here, and for flipper too, cute lil person
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 13, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #59 of 61
If I had anything to say about it, Shakira would never record again. Not because I think she sucks, but I would not let her get out of bed long enough to make it to the studio.

Mar 13, 2002 at 6:25 AM Post #60 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by becomethemould
btw, what do u guys think of alias? it's just started over here, about 4th episode now. it looks pretty good i reckon, though that gadget guy is annoying haha. is it sort of comparable with dark angel? like a leading chick whose tough? haha

Alias is a great show. Much better than Dark Angel, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back