Not sure if this good place to post this but i didn't see any better place. It's about headphone listening in general. Does any one else feel bass in the body while listening to headphones?
Sep 12, 2020 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

germanium

Headphoneus Supremus
I feel bass in my body that is so realistic to the source material that I have frequently reached down to feel my subwoofer to see if it is somehow playing even though I know its impossible due to my system setup. This is true all the way from 10Hz to 200Hz. I tested the 10Hz frequency using a sine wave generator program & could both hear & could feel it in my body, not just my ears.

Does anyone else experience this without having to use another device to try to create that feeling in your body? I don't need one of those devices as I already get a highly realistic feeling already.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 4
Yes, happens a lot - especially when I'm listening to music with eyes closed. I think sometimes the brain plays very cool tricks on us while listening to music.

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #3 of 4
Yes, happens a lot - especially when I'm listening to music with eyes closed. I think sometimes the brain plays very cool tricks on us while listening to music.

Cool. Its a nice experience isn't it?

For me I have auditory tactile synethesia which for listening on headphones is great. I don't need a separate device to vibrate my body that you can find online. I get an extremely good feeling that is almost the same as listening to speakers.

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 4
Cool. Its a nice experience isn't it?

For me I have auditory tactile synethesia which for listening on headphones is great. I don't need a separate device to vibrate my body that you can find online. I get an extremely good feeling that is almost the same as listening to speakers.
I had no idea that was a thing. Now, I'll be googling it to see if I have it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back