not sure if I like my Grado's....
Jul 5, 2002 at 2:50 PM Post #16 of 22
i bet anyone reading this post had just took of their h'phone and tried it upside down
biggrin.gif

my sr325 fell right off. it didnt sit on the ear correctly anyway..

i suggest you break it in(just listen to it normally) but force yourself to listen to it for a week. if you still dont enjoy it than it's probably not for you. i found it take time to adjust to new headphone as you end up hearing its flaws (compared to other phones) but once you get used to it, that's when you can really enjoy what the h'phone does well in.

Jul 5, 2002 at 9:28 PM Post #17 of 22
I wouldn't feel too bad if i were you. Just let them break in. When i first received my 325's, i was disappointed, almost to the point of denial. But after a good 20+ hours, i was plenty happy with my purchase
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2002 at 1:04 AM Post #18 of 22
Freddy--I bought my dad a pair of SR60s--when we added an airhead amp for $99, they sounded great. Headroom will give you the discounted price for the airhead (it's usuall $119) if you just bought the phones from them. I know that Headroom says the 80s sound ""murky" without an amp, so maybe that's the problem.

BTW Magicthyse, you must not have adjusted the senn 280's properly, or I don't think you would be bashing their comfort at every opportunity - I wear my mine in total comfort. I wonder if you should try loosening them (add a notch or two) or angling them slightly backward--you certainly shouldn't feel pressure on the top of your head. Or are you just an incredibly sensitive guy?
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2002 at 4:50 AM Post #19 of 22
OK I tried it upside down as well just now. It didn't work that well either even on the lighter 80's. It just didn't stay on properly or long enough without the headband securing it in place. Even wearing it with the headband behind my head & routing the cables along the inside of my ear. They're just meant to be worn the way they're designed! Plus it didn't sound good either...

I have both the comfort & bowl shaped pads. My top ear lobes hurt after an hour of use because of it being squished. Tried bending back the headband too but I think it is just me... sensitive ears!

But I love the Grado sound enough to sacrifice a lil bit of pain or restricting my listening sessions. 'Once bitten, forever smitten'.

Jul 6, 2002 at 8:31 AM Post #20 of 22
Err... Folks. I think you've been reading my comments re: the HD280's.

The Grados cannot be worn upside down without Krazy Glue...

And Gus B, if I can work out Grados, Jecklins and the infamous V700, I can work out a HD280! The only way it is anywhere near bearable is when I have the band canted right towards the back of my head. The problem is of course the earcups then don't fit right and any movement of the head causes the phones to fall off. That's why I ended up testing it upside down, holding the headband against my chin...

Jul 6, 2002 at 9:34 AM Post #21 of 22
one more thing to add:
There is a section on Grado mods on Headwize.
A member there posted a few days ago about getting some Senn pads to fit on his SR60s. You may want to check out his post if comfort is a factor.
md

Jul 6, 2002 at 9:58 AM Post #22 of 22
if you want more bass with your grados you can try to wear the bowl pads backwards. it should cut down on the shrilliness a bit too. ( i assume you got the bowl pads on them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back