Not so good signal
Jan 22, 2011 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

lup31337

New Head-Fier
Hey guys ! I got a Sennheiser HD650 and a Little dot MKV amp. Audio signal is coming from my PC (i have a Creative X-fi Fatal1ty which is like 3 years old, not the top models). I'm experiencing some problems with some of my music files. Although i use .flac files, some of them have some clicks ... i dunno, like a mild static on background (on few parts of the song not the whole song). So the problem can come from 2 things : either it's the file or it's the DAC. I don't rly want to invest now into an external DAC but if it's a sure thing solution, i will. I'm gonna give you a link to a music file :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGS7QF39

The problem can be heard at the begining of the song, exactly when the voice comes in. I'm asking someone with good gear (and with good DAC) to listen to the .flac in the link and tell me if u can hear the clicky / static thingy. That way i can make sure it's either the file or the sound card. The problem is easily audible to me, and you can hear it clearly at 0:09 right when the voice comes in. Please tell me if you can hear this also so i can figure what the problem is.

Thanks so much guys !

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #2 of 2
I ran this from my PC SPDIF to Entech DAC. I get the nasty distortion with the voice it is a very hot recording with lots of peaking bang on max. So there is a lot of grunty on the track. The beginning is a bit noisy as well, I'd put it down to a poor recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back