Not so Famous Yet Good
Nov 12, 2006 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Poboy

100+ Head-Fier
so many bands who are better than many in the current scene but are not so famous for whatever reason
which bands come to your mind first

VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theatre
Mutemath
Sevendust
Nile ( death metal)
As I Lay Dying

Nov 12, 2006 at 7:43 AM Post #2 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poboy
so many bands who are better than many in the current scene but are not so famous for whatever reason
which bands come to your mind first

VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theatre
Mutemath
Sevendust
Nile ( death metal)
As I Lay Dying

mutemath is great, i got a chance to see them live once

but im glad they arnt big bands... it just kinda ruins everything. i like small shows with like 200 people MAX

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 16
Well, it was a toss-up between resurrecting this ancient thread or starting a new one, so I decided there is no point having two threads that won't get responses. lol Actually, I'm hoping this one will get a few more.

I got to see Mutemath live in Sept 2007 (almost a year after this thread was started lol) and, yes, they are a must see band. One of the most entertaining, talented, underrated bands around, despite several late show appearances and such. I guess no one watches those shows either. haha But they are a bit better known now, I would think.

Anyway, despite having all their music to date (they're coming out with a new one in September), for the last week I've been hooked on their live performance videos based on their Armistice tour in Japan. These guys are good.

I was tempted to post this one in the "best bass player" thread, but couldn't decide whether it fit or not:

The music starts at about 2:50:

From about 2:20 on is typical of how they were when I saw them. You almost hope they've settled down:

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #5 of 16
my passion
a hero a fake
asking alexandria
the appleseed cast

cant think of any more off the top of my head...

Jun 22, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 16
Jun 22, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #7 of 16
well not very famous. But more people are getting to know them now. I love them

Jun 26, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
99% of the bands I listen to.

Wow you're so hipster
\slowclap.exe

Anyway, Bring Me The Horizon, although they've gained quite a reputation in the UK. Neutral Milk Hotel, but they enjoy not being known. Hills Have Eyes.

I have the urge to post names of lots of bands that are very known, but just for one or two singles. Example: The White Stripes. Any living soul will know Seven Nation Army, but the stuff they created before that are masterpieces. I will never enjoy blues the same way after listening to their homonimous first album. Everyone knows Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz, but how many have listened to the story in Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head. I'm sorry, I needed to rant.

Edit: I forgot to add Morphine!

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #11 of 16

Quote:

Wow you're so hipster
\slowclap.exe

Anyway, Bring Me The Horizon, although they've gained quite a reputation in the UK. Neutral Milk Hotel, but they enjoy not being known. Hills Have Eyes.

I have the urge to post names of lots of bands that are very known, but just for one or two singles. Example: The White Stripes. Any living soul will know Seven Nation Army, but the stuff they created before that are masterpieces. I will never enjoy blues the same way after listening to their homonimous first album. Everyone knows Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz, but how many have listened to the story in Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head. I'm sorry, I needed to rant.

Edit: I forgot to add Morphine!

LOL

Jul 6, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #14 of 16
A new record are right around the corner, not many have heard about the Italian band Garden Wall, either you like it or think it's just rubbish. Their second installation can be described as...

Vitaly Menshikov:
If you have heard Mekong Delta's "Dances of Death" and Present's "No 6", imagine something average between them or, at least, imagine a cross between the Belgian-school RIO (Univers Zero, Finnegan's Wake) and the most violent Prog-Metal (Voivod, Atheist). Can't you? Indeed, the genres are too different to combine them even mentally, but Garden Wall managed to do that in practice.

Luna is one of my favorites -> http://www.reverbnation.com/gardenwall

DPRP News Blog:
“Assurdo” – their first release on Lizard Records. This is the third and closing chapter of an ideal trilogy, started with “Forget The Colours” and continued with “Towards The Silence” and a huge revolution in the band’s sound. 

Line-up / Musicians

- Alessandro Seravalle: vocals, electric, acoustic, e-bow & 12-string guitars, synths, keyboards, samples
- Raffaello Indri: electric lead guitars
- William Toson: fretted & fretless bass guitars
- Ivan Moni Bidin: drums
- Gianpietro Seravalle: electronic percussion, soundscapes

Collaborators:
- Alessandro Bertoni: piano (9)
- Cristian Rigano: synth solos (3)
- Giorgio Pacorig: keyboards (3)
- Davide Casali: bass clarinet (4)
- Mariano Bulligan: cellos (9)
- Simone D'Eusanio: violin (1, 2, 8)
- Massimo De Mattia: flute (8), bass flute (10)
- Flavia Quass: vocals (4)
- Pietro Sponton: congas (3), vibraphone (4)
- Andrea Fontana: percussion (4)
- Jacques Centonze: percussion (8)
- Carlo Franceschinis: double bass (8)

How this is going to have an impact.. we'll soon discover.. oh, yes we are.

Jul 6, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #15 of 16

Quote:
Rx Bandits

This really needs a bump, the font size is too small to be noticeable. They are fantastic. Also, Mono.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back