Not Much of an Audiophile but why not right?
Feb 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #16 of 33
The HD 25-1 for $70 out of pocket is a good deal in my book.  They sit on your ear, are very lightweight, and are super durable.  They do clamp on your head pretty good and some find them uncomfortable for multiple hours of use.  They've never bothered me though.  You literally have to violently shake your head to get them to fall off.  These are not bass head cans though.  They have very good mid/upper bass but not sub bass.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #17 of 33

Quote:
The HD 25-1 for $70 out of pocket is a good deal in my book.  They sit on your ear, are very lightweight, and are super durable.  They do clamp on your head pretty good and some find them uncomfortable for multiple hours of use.  They've never bothered me though.  You literally have to violently shake your head to get them to fall off.  These are not bass head cans though.  They have very good mid/upper bass but not sub bass.

unfortunately i couldn't find those on bestbuy.com

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #19 of 33
okay so they should still be comfortable right? And the music won't leak out much? I demoed the the BOSE Quietcomfort 15 at Best Buy the other day and though they were very comfortable but I don't really want to go in that price range if these can provide a similar experience for $100 less.

Are your ears sensitive? Some people can't stand having on-ear headphones and can only use over-ear. Personally the QC15 is definitely not worth it... It's like you're paying 150$ more just to get the active noise cancelling.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #21 of 33

Quote:
Are your ears sensitive? Some people can't stand having on-ear headphones and can only use over-ear. Personally the QC15 is definitely not worth it... It's like you're paying 150$ more just to get the active noise cancelling.

Well I have never owned these kind of headphones before so I don't quite know. I demoed the Beats that sit on your ear for about a minute at Best Buy as well and thought they were a little tight (I have a pretty big head). I don't know if these will be similar to those though.

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #22 of 33
Well I have never owned these kind of headphones before so I don't quite know. I demoed the Beats that sit on your ear for about a minute at Best Buy as well and thought they were a little tight (I have a pretty big head). I don't know if these will be similar to those though.

I'd say they're similar... I haven't used either of them too much but I had the Bowers and Wilkins P5.
If your ears are not used to them they might be uncomfortable at first (such as mine) so it's hard to say. For me, after a while my ears were fine wearing my P5s for 4 hours straight. Though, for others they just can't stand on ear headphones.
If you can, go to your local apple store and try on the P5s, those are usually on display, no?
If you're fine with them then the HD25s should be fine too.

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #23 of 33
alright thanks everyone! I decided to go ahead and order the Senn HD 25-1 II. All of the reviews for this seem to be very good and they look like they will fit my needs. The sitting on top of my ears may actually be a plus for me in the future since I plan on going to the gym a lot more in the future.
There shouldn't be any new version of these coming out in the future right? $200 is a lot of money lol.

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #24 of 33
There is a new model coming soon which is similar to the HD 25 but it will be more expensive and is mostly cosmetics/convenience features.  The HD 25-1's have been virtually the same headphone for over 15 years.

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #26 of 33
You kind of need to outline what you're looking for before asking for suggestions.  Really makes it more difficult otherwise.  Is not having a volume control a deal breaker for you?  You do understand that most good headphones don't have any kind of volume control?

Feb 11, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #27 of 33

Quote:
You kind of need to outline what you're looking for before asking for suggestions.  Really makes it more difficult otherwise.  Is not having a volume control a deal breaker for you?  You do understand that most good headphones don't have any kind of volume control?

well not necessarily but if I am spending this much I do sort of want a volume control option. I think it will be much more easier to run and just press a button instead of taking out my entire iphone. Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

Feb 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #29 of 33

Quote:
well not necessarily but if I am spending this much I do sort of want a volume control option. I think it will be much more easier to run and just press a button instead of taking out my entire iphone. Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

Volume control shouldn't be a deal breaker. If you're concerned about changing volume while jogging... my 2 cents... jogging with on-ear headphones sucks. The other 99% of your life (not jogging) is it really that hard to turn up the volume from your iDevice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back