NOT IEM's for bedtime listening
Jul 12, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #19 of 25
Q jays or klipsch image probably lol

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #20 of 25
Well I bought my PK1s for this reason
biggrin.gif
They're wonderful for when you go to sleep. I previously used my Atrio M5 for this purpose and while they were good, I also wanted to hear some outside noise, just in case. The PK1s do this task perfectly and sound great too
biggrin.gif
If your on a budget the PK3 are awesome as well, just as well built so you don't need to worry about them breaking.

Try them if the CX300 don't work out for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #21 of 25
For those suggesting iem's, read the first page.

full size: Dont think I havent thought about it lol, but I know they will get trashed if I fall asleep with them on and I roll onto my side, for the price of them this just isn't worth it... is a shame though, it would be great to fall asleep with some full size babies on.

yuins, I might give the pk3 a whirl if the cx300 dont produce satisfactory results, time will tell, even thought about those koss clip ons, might try those out sometime see how they fare.

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #22 of 25
i used to use clip-ons in bed and only put one of them on and then lay on my side. This isn't optimal for listening to music, but for audiobooks, it would probably work

Jul 14, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #23 of 25
ok, well the cx300 arrived today.

mixed feelings about this, immediate impressions are that I quite like these, certainly aesthetically they look great, again as mentioned earlier the j cord is a pita as I knew it would be but ultimately its the sound that matters and on that front, again, for the first ten seconds I was impressed. Thats not to say that after those ten seconds I wasn't, but its inherent drawbacks came to the fore. Soundstage, as with all ear buds and iems was restricted, but it seemed even more so in these than say compared to the er4p or er6i, which is more than understandable considering the price difference, (I picked these up for ten quid, the er6i cost 67) so it is totally unfair to even try and compare them. The biggest downside aswell as conversely, being the biggest upside, is the bass. It is dark and boomy, not necessarily bad, but a nice change to the tight controlled base I am used to in both the ety's and my full size cans thus it was a nice upside for me, simply to have that variety. However, the downside to that bass is that the mids and highs are totally and utterly overpowered by the bass. I suspect it will bring a nice quality to the voices I listen to during playback of podcasts or audiobooks, but for music.... meh.

does anyone has any experience of the cx 500? I REALLY like the way these buds just pop into your ear, not a canal phone but not a ibud/yuin type shape.

any comparisons with the creatives and the cx300 which were also recommended in this thread?

And lastly, what other earphones aside from the creatives and the sennheiser cx series come in that form factor i.e. little buds which just push into the ear?

Jul 14, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #24 of 25
I'm pretty interested in this kind of canalphone too (something which doesn't require deep insertion so it can be taken in and out easily, and be shared with friends).

I'm not sure how willing you are to spend, but the Denon canalphones are all simple to insert, Audio-Technica has a few shallow insertion models too (some are low budget).

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #25 of 25
ahhhh audio technica do these kind, my experiences of audio technica so far are pretty favourable, strike me as being pretty balanced across the frequency range and I have yet to try a denon period, one day I might treat myself to the d2000 or d5000.

And agree 100% on this type of canal phone, it seems to provide great isolation along with a dead quick and easy push in-pull out... I love it.

Thanks for the heads up on the denons and audio technica's appreciated, I will check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back