NOT for the Purists, Mac Powerbook with iWOW
Apr 18, 2007 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Fripp

New Head-Fier
I downloaded iWOW for my Powerbook and all of a sudden I could get decent sound out of the headphone socket feeding my Shure500!

Normaly my setup is Nano-lineout-Hornet-Shure500 or Sennheiser650 and I have never got anything decent out of the Apple Powerbook.

The sound out of the powerbook has always been ordinary.

I have the software on free trial to make sure that I am not just hearing things. Has anyone else tried this software and is there a Nano crack to achieve something similar to be truly portable.

The software is called SRS iWoW for itunes

http://www.srs-store.com

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 9
i've tried srs wow for microsoft mediaplayer, sounds too processed for me so i've skipped later versions. the mac version is really nice?

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've tried srs wow for microsoft mediaplayer, sounds too processed for me so i've skipped later versions. the mac version is really nice?

-Yes, it does improve the sound from my powerbook dramatically, still my Nano-Lineout-Hornet is a more organic soundbut for some music it is avery close call!

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just another reason why Windows sucks
tongue.gif
(and I continue to use a Dimension desktop with XP)

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 9
My iriver H120 has SRS WOW software. I personally don't use it as I feel the same as jahn. Hmmm... you should look at rockbox.

Apr 18, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 9
I played with it for a few seconds, Nothing in there can't be acquired with some tweaking with the EQ, but none the less it does allow you to change the sound pretty easily. I wasn't a huge fan, and it didn't sound much different from straight out of the jack. Not to mention the program itself seemed really "old" and nothing like a real "Mac App" if you know what I mean. I wouldn't buy but I can see why some people would like it. Easy to install/uninstall for anyone wanting to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back