Not everyone is universal in praise of UE-11...
Aug 19, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtevol1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you think the review has weight? I've always appreciated his careful attention and thoroughness analysis in his review of musical equipment.

Sorry, I'll give a Head-Fier's review more weight than iLounge. I don't listen to music on iPods. My lowest end equipment is my portable one, an iRiver iHP-120 to an RSA Tomahawk. All my files are FLAC.

If the UE-11 is more like the Triple.Fi but better, I'd really give the UE-11 more thought since I love the Triple.Fi's.

-Ed

Aug 19, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #20 of 22
to the discerning audiophile, the UE10s will be more attractive i think.......someone at UE told me that the UE11 was created with the touring musician in mind and the UE10 was created with the discerning audiophile in mind. If you have neither, consider the 10s. If you look at how the website describes the monitors you will notice that they call the 11s the "best monitors yet"......the word best is subjective. If you look at the 10s description it says "most accurate monitors available" accuracy is not subjective. That's a big plus for the 10s

Aug 19, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #21 of 22
I see that people are having a hard time deciding what to believe on whether the UE11 is better than the UE10. Well, my opinion is that if Ultimate Ears didn't make such a FREEKING AMAZING headphone(the UE10) compared to all others, then deciding on what to believe would probably have been much easier, LOL. Personally I don't know which sounds better as Ive never heard either one, but I really hope they don't discountinue the UE10 because it is still my DREAM headphone that I one day hope to own because of their AWESOME neutrality and refinement. The UE10 is still at the top in my opinion and still deserve to be called one of if not the greatest headphones ever made.

Aug 19, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEMaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see that people are having a hard time deciding what to believe on whether the UE11 is better than the UE10. Well, my opinion is that if Ultimate Ears didn't make such a FREEKING AMAZING headphone(the UE10) compared to all others, then deciding on what to believe would probably have been much easier, LOL. Personally I don't know which sounds better as Ive never heard either one, but I really hope they don't discountinue the UE10 because it is still my DREAM headphone that I one day hope to own because of their AWESOME nuetrality and refinement. The UE10 is still at the top in my opinion and still deserve to be called one of if not the greatest headphone ever made.

Don't worry, I've clarified with many people of their staff that the UE10s are not being put out of production. I wouldn't be surprised if the UE10s outlast the UE11s. My reason for saying this is......Ultimate Ears seems to be very satisfied with the neutrality of the UE10s. One technician told me they dont believe they can create a more neutral sound.

On the other hand, as the technology becomes more advanced it is possible the next addition to the custom line will be a 5 driver or 6 driver, which in that case the UE11 may be superceded, but the neutrality of the UE10s may not be.......it will be fun to see what happens.

I want to dispute one claim Horwitz makes about the UE10s. He says they don't really have enough bass....He also says in another review that he thinks they have just a little more bass than the ER4P. I have to disagree completely. In my humble opinion, the UE10 have the most desirable bass of any headphone. It is tight and has quite an impact, extends well and doesn't muffle the mix.....the ER4P has tight present bass that lacks a bit of impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back