Not been here for a while-Best foldable headphones for iPod?
Aug 2, 2006 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

buzzlulu

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi
It has been about 2 years since I have browsed this forum (does anyone remember the first LaRocca amp?) so I am a bit out of touch with things.

A simple question - I presently use Ety 4P's for my ipod (over the last 4-5 years) - what is the best pair of reasonably priced over the head foldable headphones which are out there these days. Headroom speaks highly of the AKG 26P's - any others?

Thanks
Gregg

Aug 2, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 12
I think you need the AKG K81 DJ's.

Aug 2, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 12
Yup, the AKG81...just watch out for that looong cord!
eek.gif

Aug 2, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 12
Thanks for the replies so far. The AKG's look nice however they seem too big - I need something which can be packed up small for traveling. The PX100 seem like the right size - the difference between these and the PX200's?

Gregg

Aug 2, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 12
i haven't owned or tried the px200s but the difference is px100 are open and will leak sound as well as allow outside sounds in, px200s are closed. if you read headroom (headphone.com), they have reviews on these two.

i personally highly recommend the px100s as they are very comfortable, very portable, and sound great. not really the best if you have noisy environments though.

Aug 2, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #7 of 12
PX100.... hands down winner in this race.

Aug 2, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by chouman
i haven't owned or tried the px200s but the difference is px100 are open and will leak sound as well as allow outside sounds in, px200s are closed. if you read headroom (headphone.com), they have reviews on these two.

i personally highly recommend the px100s as they are very comfortable, very portable, and sound great. not really the best if you have noisy environments though.

Although all of the above are good suggestions, I think chouman nailed it. Here's a looong thread about the px100's. http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...hlight=illegal

If you do go with the PX-100, you might want to find a decent sunglasses case to store them in as an alternative to the overly-complicated case that comes with them. That's what I did. Anything big enough to store a pair of Oakley's or comparable is about right.

Aug 2, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #10 of 12
32 ohms, 100 dB sensitivity = lots of volume directly out of the iPod.

They also happen to sound incredible! Bend the headband and they also become very comfy. Enjoy the isolation while you are at it.

Aug 2, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by glevethan
Thanks for the replies so far. The AKG's look nice however they seem too big - I need something which can be packed up small for traveling. The PX100 seem like the right size - the difference between these and the PX200's?

Gregg

I think the K81 DJ's fold up just fine for traveling. the head band folds and the ear cups swivel so they can get pretty compact. the chord length isn't really a problem for me, i just bundle the excess up and tie it with a black twist tie...

Aug 2, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #12 of 12
How do the PX100's stack up against the PortaPro/SportaPros? I have been using an old beat up pair which I just found buried in a closet.

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back