Not able to edit community profile or account info <- Read your welcome PM.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #107 of 249
i do not have this option either and i just registered will it come in like the following days? edit : I have read my welcome pm as well. second EDIT: must be blind saw how it said need posts first disregard my post please.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #109 of 249
I didn't get any appropriate responses in the "getting started" forum. I'm hoping this is the technical support forum. I'm having the same issue. I am unable to edit my profile. Also, I sent a PM to someone and it isn't showing in my "sent" PM queue. Lastly, I posted a longer post with spacing between paragraphs and ithe post didn't format with the spacing. Is this a 'pay for features' forum? What gives?

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #112 of 249
Quote:
I didn't get any appropriate responses in the "getting started" forum. I'm hoping this is the technical support forum. I'm having the same issue. I am unable to edit my profile. Also, I sent a PM to someone and it isn't showing in my "sent" PM queue. Lastly, I posted a longer post with spacing between paragraphs and ithe post didn't format with the spacing. Is this a 'pay for features' forum? What gives?

Hi Kurt!  Welcome to Head-Fi!

At the top of this forum (the Feedback and Bug Reports forum) it states as follows:

Can't edit your profile, signature or avatar or create galleries or lists? Due to problems with spam bots, new users will need to have made 10 posts or be a member for 15 days and made 5 posts before they can edit their profile or signature or create lists or galleries.

This is why you can't edit your profile.  That being said, I'm not sure why you're having formatting issues.  What OS (and version) and browser (and browser version) are you using?  I'll need this information to attempt to re-create this issue.

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #113 of 249
I am trying to burn up the minimum number of posts requirement, so I can post some photos of some custom Grado wooden cups. I don't really want to clog up the board with useless messages, but I really don't have much to say yet that I can without a little bit of visual support. I feel as though this could be a huge deterant to folks who might otherwise be fantastic contributors. In scanning the relatively low quality of some of the messages, it looks to me as though I am not the only one with not much to say, but a need a need to post.

I'm curious what other anti-spam measures might have been tried in the past with less success. I suspect the current approach effectively slows down all but the most bored and/or determined spammers.

Also not sure, but I've done two posts now posing questions which I would have expected to generate several responses by now in a community like this. Does the hiarchal structure tend to minimalize newbies?

Hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears.
Thanks.
   -Brian M. Abel
    Pony Feathers

Jul 23, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #116 of 249
I'm having the same problem. Been a member since february. Disregard this. This was my fifth post and now I can edit my profile
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back