Not a Review: Free YULONG DAH1 MARK II DAC USB Input / Headphone AMP from Skylab
Nov 17, 2009 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Feather225

1000+ Head-Fier
DAC already arrived!

First impression, solid and beautiful gadget, well built~ powerful headphone amp (stand alone).. Have not yet tried the DAC cause I'm still waiting for my M^3.

quick shots from Iphone 3gs (nothing better than the 2g, but they claim it does)

1photo.jpg

photoyn.jpg

I'm already starting on the review - just the amp section, will write about the DAC soon my M^3 comes ^ ^

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #2 of 8
can someone please show me a optical cable that allows me to connect the DAC to my MAC. THANKS!

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm confused - you want to connect optical *out* to your Mac ??

I use the mini-Toslink cable to connect the optical out from my Macbook Pro's headphone socket to the Toslink connection on my Topaz : it does the conversion to analog and I take that into my integrated amp using RCA.

You can buy an adapter to turn a normal Toslink cable into 'mini-Toslink':

Mini-TOSLINK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm confused - you want to connect optical *out* to your Mac ??

I use the mini-Toslink cable to connect the optical out from my Macbook Pro's headphone socket to the Toslink connection on my Topaz : it does the conversion to analog and I take that into my integrated amp using RCA.

You can buy an adapter to turn a normal Toslink cable into 'mini-Toslink':

Mini-TOSLINK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for your comments, I think I used the wrong word.. can you please show me a photo with your setup?

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 8
will this work?

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 8
Just look for a cheap and /longer/ Toslink to mini cable if you don't have any around, they're cheap.

This interconnects are specific for the iriver h1x0/ibasso D10, you won't be plugging your dac and computer at such distance.

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #7 of 8
I see, was just trying to make sure the terminators are right, Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back