Nostalgia Audio - Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #17 of 20
New fan here! They pull out so much detail without the slightest bit of harshness anywhere. Bass, mids, treble.....one never steps on the others' toes! A sweet listen!

IMG-1840.jpg

Mar 3, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #18 of 20
IMG_4311.jpg

I recently got the opportunity to try both the Tesseract and the NA12 as part of an EU tour. They were two sets I don’t think I would have purchased but after hearing Camelot before and being impressed, I was glad to the opportunity to try them out. Considering how hard it is to demo gear in this hobby, Nostalgia are to be commended for sending out the two sets.

I really like the design of Tesseract. The steel shells and sharp cut lines look and feel quality. It comes with a similarly designed steel case too which is nicely machined and finished.

NA12 has a more subtle design but the semi transparent shells are finsihed well and look equally good quality.

Tesseract has 10BAs and 6 EST so I mainly listened to it with music I feel doesn’t need a dynamic driver for bass but I haven’t found Tesseract to be wanting in the bass department at all. It does a great job with the BAs, and it wasn’t an area of concern for me while listening.

The 6 ESTs are pretty well implemented, too. Treble is fairly smooth and there are no spikes or surprises.

Tesseract’s mid range, I enjoyed for stringed instruments but the main issue I would have with the set was with vocals which I felt lacked detail and resolution. Male vocals less so but it was quite apparent at times with female vocals which could sound a little hazy.

IMG_4310.jpg

NA12 has 8 BAa, 2 EST drivers and 2 Sonion BCD drivers. The BCD drivers I believe are the same ones used by Canpur and Noble in some of their sets and I have experience with them in Spartacus.

NA12 has a fairly neutral tuning with a hint of warmth. I wasn’t overly fond of it on first listen but it has grown on me as I have listened to it more. The sets I mainly listen to are more forward and more impacful in general so it took a bit of time to adjust to its sound.

I find stringed instruments to sound cleaner and more accurate than with Tesseract. Like Tesseract, NA12 does a decent job with drums and while it lacks the air movement of a DD, I tend to listent to music that suits a set rather than looking for music that doesn’t.

There are some similarities to the mid range tuning with Tesseract but overall there are more details in vocals and they sound truer to life than with Tesseract.

The whole tuning is what I would describe as inoffensive. There is nothing that stands out as being wrong and overall it produces and easy listen.

The soundstage NA12 creates insn’t overly large but it does a nice job of positioning instruments throughout it.

I found NA12 to be a nice set to listen to while working. You could enjoy the music in the background without getting too distracted. Overall it produces a relaxing listen which I enjoyed.

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #19 of 20
Recently got Camelot and I’m liking them quite a bit. Very balanced with holographic soundstage. And they are definitely a looker.

Still trying to find the time to burn them in and test different tips.

Which tips are people using with Camelot? At the moment I’m using the stock black tips.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #20 of 20
Recently got Camelot and I’m liking them quite a bit. Very balanced with holographic soundstage. And they are definitely a looked.

Still trying to find the time to burn them in and test different tips.

Which tips are people using with Camelot? At the moment I’m using the stock black tips.

I’ve been using Azla Standard mostly which I find excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back