Nostalgia Audio - Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2023 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Scubadevils

Previously known as Scuba Devils
There doesn't appear to be a thread for this set so figured I'd start one.

I've had Camelot for almost a month now, and it has become probably my favourite set, which says a lot given my love for single DDs! I'll be starting a full review soon, but some initial impressions here.

The Camelot is a 2x DD (10mm each) for lows, 4x BA mids, and 4x EST highs - RRP $2,599, pictured below along with the upgrade cable 'Lancelot' which is sold separately for $1,179. I'll include a shot with the stock cable later on, which is in my opinion absolutely excellent.

IMG_3457.jpg

Keeping this somewhat short for now as I'll be spending time on the full review over the weekend.

Bass, mids and treble are brilliantly tuned - from the depths of sub rumble, through lush and detailed mids, with wonderful treble extension and sparkle. They’ve a large and holographic soundstage with fantastic detail retrieval, layering and imaging that again presents in a wonderful cohesive manner. While they are incredibly technically capable, they still lean very much into the musicality realm and don't fall into that clinical trap.

The treble really grabs my attention - I love a nice crisp zing and the ESTs here absolutely deliver, but without that dreaded sense of separation from the overall presentation.

Fantastic low-end via the 2x 10mm DDs - both sub and mid bass are delivered with wonderful depth and impact - plus excellent distinction. They are not bass-head, but there is absolutely ample of both sub and mid. I've tested some of my go-to genres for low-end such as psychill or D&B and they've been an absolute joy to listen to... sub has excellent visceral rumble, and mid hits with superb slam.

The balanced tuning allows for excellent diversity of genres, I’ve enjoyed anything I’ve thrown at them so far... jazz, classical, ambient, techno, D&B, house, rock etc.

The shells are quite big, typically an issue for me and unfortunately still the case here - not as bad as Kublai Khan for example but I’d probably need a short break after an hour or so.

IMG_3065.jpg

Anyway, a brief post and curious if there are any other owners out there - these definitely deserve more attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 28, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 20
how u like this one vs hifiman svanar?

It would be a tough choice between them to be honest as they are both excellent as all-rounders in terms of playing pretty much any genre - Camelot are more technically impressive without a doubt, but Svanar win hands-down on comfort and a more relaxed tuning.

May 1, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 20
Following :) heard good things about this one.

Aug 9, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #6 of 20
Wow, so few people have this IEM. I just received a pair, and holy crap is it ever excellent, even right out of the box. I can't take 'em out of my ears. Over the past year or so, I've tried probably around half a dozen IEMs north of 2K, and have been disappointed by all of them. This is the first time I've spent this kind of money and thought it the IEM sounds like it should priced significantly higher. I won't say too much about sonic specifics yet until the set has more hours, but let's just say details-details-details... without being clinical or sterile! I hope the 10mm dual DDs open up some and the bass gets even more powerful.

Aug 12, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #7 of 20
Wow, so few people have this IEM. I just received a pair, and holy crap is it ever excellent, even right out of the box. I can't take 'em out of my ears. Over the past year or so, I've tried probably around half a dozen IEMs north of 2K, and have been disappointed by all of them. This is the first time I've spent this kind of money and thought it the IEM sounds like it should priced significantly higher. I won't say too much about sonic specifics yet until the set has more hours, but let's just say details-details-details... without being clinical or sterile! I hope the 10mm dual DDs open up some and the bass gets even more powerful.

Nostalgia is still quite a new, unknown brand. Hopefully they get some more coverage between HKAV, London, and SoCal over the next few weeks.

I have only heard good things about the Camelot and look forward to trying it at SoCal.

Aug 12, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #8 of 20
It really is a fantastic set, and I do hope more people get to try it. The one to beat in my collection, also my personal favourite on this IEM journey… I’d love to hear Tesseract next 😬

IMG_3503.jpeg

Aug 12, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 20
It really is a fantastic set, and I do hope more people get to try it. The one to beat in my collection, also my personal favourite on this IEM journey… I’d love to hear Tesseract next 😬

IMG_3503.jpeg

How's the Lanceleot? looks pretty bouncy.

Aug 19, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #11 of 20
This is where it is at fellas! It’s my personal G.O.A.T as I can’t really find a flaw in the sound. The sub bass can rattle your chest on deep tracks. The mids are just perfect. The treble is well extended and never really fatiguing. I can’t think of the last time where I didn’t want to stop listening and was just in AWE the entire time. Hours just fly by with this set. 🤩

Attachments

• IMG_9288.jpeg
    IMG_9288.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9287.jpeg
    IMG_9287.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back