Norwegian Headfiers: How about a head-fi meet!?
Aug 21, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #61 of 85
I'm sorry to say I probably won't be able to attend the meet. I just got back from the doctor and my arm is either broken or badly sprained. I'm going to get an x-ray tomorrow and will know a little more then.

Aug 21, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #62 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Boy_Named_Sue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry to say I probably won't be able to attend the meet. I just got back from the doctor and my arm is either broken or badly sprained. I'm going to get an x-ray tomorrow and will know a little more then.

That is no problem. I will turn the volume knobs for you.
wink_face.gif

Seriously, hope your arm will heal ok, and good luck tomorrow.
It would be very nice if you could come, and I am sure we can arrange something if you want to...

Aug 22, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #63 of 85
A_Boy_Named_Sue. Sorry to hear that you are hurt. Fingers crossed that its just a sprain, and no broken bones.
smiley_pray.gif

As 'nor_spoon' say, I am sure we can arrange something. So that you can attend anyway...

Aug 22, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #64 of 85
PM with my adress and phone nr.
sent to:

Nor_spoon
Geir
Krmathis

I think 12:00 will be a god time to start.

I will be away from home the next week, but I will be back next friday, just in time to the meet.

Aug 22, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #65 of 85
12:00 it is then.
...and replied to PM.

Aug 22, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #66 of 85
PM replied as well. 12:00 sounds good!

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #68 of 85
Thanks for the kind thoughts, anyway after sitting and waiting for about 4 hours to get my x-ray and almost a hour for the doc to look at it (got to love the efficiency of the norwegian health care system, well it’s free at least) I got the message I feared, it’s broken just above my right wrist. The 45min drive to the hospital were not pleasant, and luckily I had a friend that lives close to the hospital that where heading home to his parents for the weekend so he took the wheel on the trip home, so to drive 7 hours to Oslo are just not possible, so sorry guys!

I where really looking forward to this meet, especially to finally hear the Omega and the zana deux/rs1 combo. And I just ordered a Koss ESP950 at 50% off from cdon, and thought it would be funny to see how it scaled against the mighty Omega.

Anyway, If I have a particularly sett of headphones anybody have a real itch to try I could take a trip to the post office and ship them down to Oslo, that way I could say that a piece of my gear at least made it to the first ever Norwegian Head-fi meet. The only exception would be the Edition 9, just got them last weekend and are enjoying them to much to send them away now.

The only comfort at this point are the hope that this meet would be the first of many to come, I will definitely be there next time.

Aug 23, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #69 of 85
^ Exactly what I feared!
That your arm are broken, so you can't make it to the meeting. Lets hope it heals cleanly and fast though, in time for the next meeting...

We will miss the RSA Apache and Edition 9, and of course you.
frown.gif

Take care!

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #70 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Boy_Named_Sue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the kind thoughts, anyway after sitting and waiting for about 4 hours to get my x-ray and almost a hour for the doc to look at it (got to love the efficiency of the norwegian health care system, well it’s free at least) I got the message I feared, it’s broken just above my right wrist. The 45min drive to the hospital were not pleasant, and luckily I had a friend that lives close to the hospital that where heading home to his parents for the weekend so he took the wheel on the trip home, so to drive 7 hours to Oslo are just not possible, so sorry guys!

I where really looking forward to this meet, especially to finally hear the Omega and the zana deux/rs1 combo. And I just ordered a Koss ESP950 at 50% off from cdon, and thought it would be funny to see how it scaled against the mighty Omega.

Anyway, If I have a particularly sett of headphones anybody have a real itch to try I could take a trip to the post office and ship them down to Oslo, that way I could say that a piece of my gear at least made it to the first ever Norwegian Head-fi meet. The only exception would be the Edition 9, just got them last weekend and are enjoying them to much to send them away now.

The only comfort at this point are the hope that this meet would be the first of many to come, I will definitely be there next time.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I thought you lived in Oslo lol, but 7 hours of driving with broken arm sounds very, very painful. Hope your arm heals fast, and I am sure we will get together at a later time for another meet. I certainly hope so! I would really like to hear the ATH W5000, along with the Apache and the other gear, and I am sure the others are curious about your stuff too, but that is a good reason to have another meet right?
normal_smile .gif

So, until next time!

Aug 25, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #71 of 85
Where does everyone live, and regularly visit, btw? I live in Grimstad, and visit Hamar for the big holidays. How about you guys?

Aug 25, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #72 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where does everyone live, and regularly visit, btw? I live in Grimstad, and visit Hamar for the big holidays. How about you guys?

I live in Asker, and visit family/friends in Lillehammer on a regular basis.

By the way. Do you plan to attend the meeting this upcoming Saturday?

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:18 AM Post #73 of 85
I will try to come. I will bring with me: Singlepower Extreme, AKG K340 modified, and one not modified, Sennheiser hd650 with Cardas cable, lavry DA-10 and an Oppo dvd player used as transport. Maybe I take with me an Imod with a Jumbo Cryo cable and a RSA Tomahawk too.

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #74 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by arirug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will try to come. I will bring with me: Singlepower Extreme, AKG K340 modified, and one not modified, Sennheiser hd650 with Cardas cable, lavry DA-10 and an Oppo dvd player used as transport. Maybe I take with me an Imod with a Jumbo Cryo cable and a RSA Tomahawk too.

That would be fenomenal arirug!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #75 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in Lillehammer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back