Northwest headroom meet - there just wasn't enough time to hear 'em all
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2001 at 5:01 AM Post #16 of 113
Well, it might have been the equipment. Then again, it might have been the tight fit or as I said before, personal preference.if you're pleased with the senns then you probably don't have to worry too much. But if you can audition them then by all means do it. I'm just glad that I was lucky enough to hear my AKG's with a good amp so I knew what they were capable of. an interesting thing is that the 401 seemed to be sort of the middle ground between the senns and the K501. Who knows, maybe the extra bass will come in handy; they sound okay through my computer jack and don't sound loose or boomy. Even without a proper amplifier, I can say for sure that I definitely prefer them to my SR80's. however, this might just be new toy syndrome so we'll see how I feel in a couple of weeks. I intend to do some careful comparisons right now, so we'll see how that goes...

coolvij, it was tons o' fun!
biggrin.gif
I sure hope todd can make it to Chicago if they decide to go there. poor tyll though, he needs to take a break!

Aug 12, 2001 at 5:02 AM Post #17 of 113
Tyll, pleasepleaseplease come to North Carolina w/ all that equipment!
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2001 at 5:05 AM Post #18 of 113
Yeah, someone needs to come up with a way to mount an Orpheus for the HeadRoom van's driver... They're open enough that you would hear the ambient noise, so long as the music isn't too loud.

And as long as it was a removable mounting Tyll could just use the Orpheus that's used for shows...

Aug 12, 2001 at 5:08 AM Post #20 of 113
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
...the best sounding headphone there wa the Omega II

:)

Not that I would pay for them at that price, but what about this: A room in the Palace Hotel Omiya in Saitama-Ken for $100/night? Airfare under $1000 RT to Kansai Intl. in Osaka from NYC? HMMM... And not that I would do anything with it, but I have Shuichi Harada's home phone number and address (the guy that developed OmegaIIs for Stax)

No I haven't done any research into this... What do you mean, stalk/obsess? Who? Where? :)

Anyway Ner, lemme know when you wanna go.

Aug 12, 2001 at 6:02 AM Post #23 of 113
damn! so many responses! I was trying to respond earlier and two more people got there before me!
biggrin.gif

okay eric, soprano sax. And I'll fix the spelling error! happy, you little nitpicker?
wink.gif
hey! I mentioned the corda!
biggrin.gif

apheared: September 15th.

Aug 12, 2001 at 6:12 AM Post #24 of 113
Neruda, thanks for the superb report...looks like you folks had a great time...i'm wondering if Tyll made any mention of the upcomming Headroom amp for the AKG K1000 headphone or the Headroom portable CD player both of which i would be interested in getting...or maybe the AQ 1005 DT

Aug 12, 2001 at 6:35 AM Post #25 of 113
Neruda: I know you mentioned the Corda, but I thought some emphasis was necessary, seeing the "feud" between Tyll and Jan. (Tyll: Yeah, I know it's not really a feud, but /still/...)

And yeah, I'm happy now
cool.gif

Apheared: Go where? Japan?

Aug 12, 2001 at 12:43 PM Post #27 of 113
Neruda: Nice coverage! And I share your opinion about the K501. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy to have the beyerdynamic DT531 as well, which is another el-cheapo-goodie, because the DT531 provides more & deeper bass and conveys more detail, which makes it livelier for a lot of recordings. In addition, the DT531 is only slightly less comfy than the K501 and can be used with portables, too.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Aug 12, 2001 at 12:51 PM Post #28 of 113
When you guys coming to
Dubai, United Arab Emirates?
biggrin.gif

*DROOL*
I wish I was there to see the good stuff
but DAMN I'm TOO far away
almost a 12 hour time difference

Aug 12, 2001 at 4:41 PM Post #30 of 113
Neruda, nice report, one minor quibble:

"Now, although this headphone (CD3000) gets mixed reviews...."

I'm not sure where these "mixed" reviews are. By far the majority of reviews of CD3000s are overwhelmingly positive. Since there aren't as many of them as HD600, RS1 or ER4S, a slightly negative report may tend to stand out in one's memory. Sony has a lousy reputation thanks to the less than stellar quality of some other phones in their line, but the CD3000s are top notch. I think some people dismiss Sony before they've even heard them.

Those phones get better the more you hear them. You should get some if you can...

markl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back