North American Headphone Trading Club : Interest Check
Jul 13, 2015 at 9:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

customcoco

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone !

Some of you may have noticed that a temporary trading club has been created in this very sub-forum.

This original thread, the genesis of our project, is now going strong and generating many trades every week.
Even though it’s now catch enough momentum, it’s restricted to European exchanges.

As such, here is my interest check for a North-American (Canada, USA) version of it.

It would be useless to type the basics of our idea. Therefore, I invite you to carefully read the original post.

There comes my issue (and the need for an interest check thread).

I can easily deal with the amount of work needed to update and maintain the european thread. Given that the vast majority of Hf’s members are located in Northern-America, the success of this thread will probably be far greater than that of the other thread.

As such, I’m looking for someone to help out.

I don’t want to let the responsibility on a single pair of shoulders, just to maintain a manageable workflow.

Please do let me know what you think, I’m open to constructive criticism.

Aug 2, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 11
Guess that I spoke too soon when about "a much greater success"
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #5 of 11
I have an interest in something like this. Too bad this didn't take off like it did in Europe. 

Indeed.

Thankfully, we have enough members to generate a regular flow of trades, and in our case quality more than makes up for quantity (or lack thereof). We haven't had any single issue so far, and with deal with $1K+ very regularly indeed.

The sheer lack of interest on that thread is rather frightening, though.

Feb 28, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #6 of 11
I did trade my SennGrado for a Magnum V4 for a week and that went off without issue.
Now I have a Magnum V6 in Maple/ Mahogany cups I'd like to trade for HD600, X2 or HiFiman 400i. 

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #7 of 11
Feel free to post on the European thread, if you're already confident in the process.

Someone surely could be interested in a trade.

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #9 of 11
Since the European version of our club is still going strong, I thought that a final bump might be a good idea.

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #10 of 11
I'll throw a bump this threads way. It would be a great way for people to try out new gear without the hassle of selling then buying, then regretting. I'm all for it!

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #11 of 11
  I'll throw a bump this threads way. It would be a great way for people to try out new gear without the hassle of selling then buying, then regretting. I'm all for it!

Thank you my dear. The lack of interest in this thread is staggering.

Come on people, it's worked in the past many times and I'm here to organize !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back