Normal grado vs alessandro music series
Sep 14, 2006 at 9:50 AM Post #2 of 7
Everywhere else but Continental US, I bet Alessandro have a massive advantage cos of pricing...

Sep 14, 2006 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 7
I have the sr225's and I would have to say that these are nice phones. I upgraded from sr80's and these totally changed they way I felt about grados.
They are not bright at all and they are twice if not three times as comfortable. It was like going from night to day. The bass on these is fantastic and I like how light they are. It is amazing how much of a difference these are to the 80's. I have never had any allesandros so I cannot say how they differ in that sense but these are great headphones. I feel if you get too critical like trying to find the one phone that gives you every little nuance possible you are getting into it too much. When my 225's finally crap out on me I am going to get another pair most definitely. Another thing I like about these is that their look is not too outlandish so I can wear these at work and not look too weird.

Sep 14, 2006 at 10:30 AM Post #5 of 7
I haven't received my new MS2i yet, to replace my MS-1s; so I can't comment on them. And I've never heard SR-325i, so I can't comment on them either. But from what I think I know; the MS2i is basically a more neutral and analytical version of the SR-325i that isn't quite as much Grado "fun".

I'll know more when I've heard my new MS2i,.....and if I ever hear some SR-325i.
blink.gif

Sep 14, 2006 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 7
I think my 225's do color the sound a little but that is the part I like. The drums have a very unique and awesome sound to them. It gets addicting. When I first got my 225's the drums did not sound like my sr80's and I missed it. Now the sound is back and awesome.

Sep 14, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 7
I think that one of the nice things about Grado and Alessandro is being given the choice between the rockin' fun, house sound of the Grados; or the slightly mellowed out versions of the Alessandros! Of course Alessandro only has three models where Grado has eight....nine including iGrado....so there isn't a direct analogy all across the board.

But with eleven "Grados" to chose from with only minor variations in the over-all "sound"....!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back