NorCal, San Francisco Bay Area Meet 2/27/2010
Feb 25, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #196 of 235
Awesome. Muchos gracis Voltron. I will bring digital cables of both types!

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #197 of 235
[size=x-large]Meet in 2 days![/size]

Date/Time: Saturday February 27th from 9:30am to 6pm

Location: DoubleTree Hotel, 835 Airport Blvd., Burlingame, California, United States 94010-9949

San Francisco Hotels - Hotels near San Francisco Airport - Doubletree San Francisco Airport

I am attaching a room layout with my best shot at a distribution of the available space. Please stick to the table assignments and if there is some need to re-jigger we will assess that on Saturday. Asr will be in charge of opening the room hopefully around 9am and will hopefully have a copy or two of the layout.

web.jpg

If you plan to attend and do not see your name on the Attendee List below, please post in this thread and we will add you. If you are hoping for some room to show your gear on a table and do not see your name on the room layout and your stuff in the Gear List below, please post in this thread and we will try to fit you in. On the other hand, if you said you want table space and now cannot make the meet or do not intend to bring gear, or I just put you on the chart and you really do not want any table space, post that up too so we can plan to use the space for somebody else.

Attendees

1031tensai + 1
aamefford
agile_one*
amb
amphead
Asr*
ast
atothex
AV8TR +1-2
Bigguy +2
blessingx
cis4smack
Craig (Eddie Current)
dasmodul
Elluzion (maybe)
Fallenangel
Filburt
foo me
Frank Cooter*
fureshi (maybe)
Glitch39
guzziguy*
Grahame
haycheng
Hsiu
Icarium
ichiboy
ironbut
Iron_Dreamer*
jbusuego +1
jdmoorman
jilgiljongiljing
jrossel
Justin (Headamp)*
KurtW
linuxworks
mastertrash
matt fury*
mikeymad
NightWoundsTime*
oldskoolboarder + 1
oneplustwo
particleman14
pcf
penger
Philimon* (maybe)
pixeljedi
R burke
renlute
rjkdivin
rockcod
rogercor
RyzeHD
SanJoseCarJunkie
Soundboy
srserl
Stoney
strungoutt1
tdogzthmn
Trav
Uncle Erik*
Voltron
waynema
yuckymucky*

*Denotes Travel Team members coming from outside the area/state.

Gear List

ironbut-
ZanaDeux
AD2000
Reel to reel (Tape Project tapes (got Brilliant Corners by Monk that's killer!)
Modded ULN-2

R_burke
Shanling CD T100
AT W1000
W5000

FrankCooter
GM70 variant amp
HE-5
K1000

Glitch39
Balanced Zapfilter II Zhaolu 2.5A
Little Dot Mk VI w/ Sylvania 6AS7GA & VT-231
Balanced Qables
HD650

FallenAngel
Sources : HifiMan HM-801, Laptop with USB->S/PDIF converter
DAC : Buffalo32, maybe Ultra Fi MusicStream (if hasn't sold by then)
Amps : Balanced Dynalo, Melos Maestro, SinglePower MPX3
Headphones: Grado HP-2, RS-1, SR-200, Denon D-5000, Yamaha HP-1

Gear I'll only bring on request:
Source: 240GB diyMod 5.5G
Amps: PPAS, PPAv2, Sijosae SHA
DACs: EAD DSP-7000 DAC
Headphones: BeyerDynamic DT770/250, AKG K271

Uncle Erik
TBD

Stoney
Woo Audio 6
HD650 with Cardas

haycheng
iMod iPod
SR-71
Tomhawk
HD650

Mikeymad
Marantz SA-7S1
PC -> PSAudio DLink III
WooAudio WA5 (Maxxed)
Stax SRD-7 (Mod to Pro)
AT L3000
AKG K1000
STAX O2 Mk1
Panamax 5500
[Whisky TBD
L3000.gif
]

aamefford
Denon D5000's, JMoney pads, maybe Markled by then
DIYMod if it makes it intact back from Joneeboi in time
MisterX Dynalo
Pico Slim if it arrives in time
Westone UM3X
UE TF10
Macbook Pro as server
Musical Fidelity V-Dac as source

mastertrash
Benchmark Dac-1
Little Dot Dac_I
Little Dot MK V
HD650 w/ Blue Dragon, K701, and DT880

rjkdivin
AMB DIY gear, a source, some Sennheisers, and....we'll see

oneplustwo
Three channel B22
Balanced B22
Buffalo 32S
gamma1 with USB from my macbook
cmoy
mini3
Grado SR-80
Senn HD650 (balanced)

linuxworks
Beta22+LCDuino (motor pot version)
M3 with motor/servo pot and PGA vol control
laptop/spdif source
Y2dac+spdif-master

amb
β22 + σ22 headphone amp
β24 power amp
Mini³ portable headphone amp (two)
γ1 DAC (full config)
γ2 DAC (two of them)
Benchmark DAC1
M-Audio Firewire Audiophile
RME ADI-2 ADC/DAC
laptop computers (2), external hard drive
various headphones
LCDuino-1 demo
other gizmos

Jrossel
SOHA II
EHHA
HD600

Voltron
Mac Mini w/Amarra
Sonic Model 4
Luxman P-1
Balanced, discrete, all-JFET amp with separate power supply (designed and built by luvdunhill)
HD800 / Grado HP-2 / AD2000
JH|13 Pro and balanced cable with Neutrik Tiny XLR (with standard 4-pin XLR adapter)
Woo Audio WES
Stax SR-Omega / 4070 / Lambda Sigs

jdmoorman
DT880 600 ohm, Black dragon
DT880 600 ohm, Silver dragon, JMoney pads
DT990 600 ohm, Silver dragon, JMoney pads
DT770 600 ohm, Blue dragon
Decware CSP2
Decware CSP2, 274B mod
Elekit TU 882
KICAS Caliente
Headroom UMDac
Headroom UMAmp

jilgiljongiljing
Yamaha CDC-565 CDP as transport
Cambridge Dacmagic
Gilmore Lite
Ultrasone 680
Audio Technica A700
Beyer DT990 600ohm

KurtW
Rega P3 with rewired arm and GrooveTracer subplatter/platter
Soundsmith SMMC2-H Cartridge
Sugden Headmaster
AT L3000
A900

ichiboy
EMU 0404
Go-Vibe V6
HD555
D2000

Asr
laptop PC
Ayre QB-9
SPL Auditor
Head-Direct HE-5 re-cabled with APureSound V3

SanJoseCanJunkie
AKG 271 MkII
HD 590
Possibly a DT-250-80
Headroom Micro Amp
PA2V2

Food and Drink

Lagavulin 16
Chinese peanut snacks
Hopefully some treats from Mrs. Bigguy
Mikeymad and Voltron whisk(e)y selections

Misc.

I don't think we will have room for a For Sale or Trade table, but trading at meets is fine. Bring a card with info and stand it up by your gear if you are trying to sell or trade it.

BRING POWER STRIPS AND EXTENSION CORDS FOR YOURSELF AND AN EXTRA 1-2 IF YOU HAVE THEM.

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #198 of 235
Damn guys, UPS screwed me over and dunno where my DT990 is, it was supposed to arrive today morning on 3 day shipping and now they are like its somewhere in PA and we arent sure where.

I have been asked to contact them again in a few hours, but it doesnt look good right now. I was hoping I could try it on different setups and find my next amp....sigh...I'm so mad at UPS right now words cant describe it. Hope they fix this and get it to me by tomorrow.

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #199 of 235
This is my 1st post @ head-fi.org. I've been lurking for 2 or 3 years. I'm a former LP collector and tube amp listener with audiophile tastes. Some years ago, before moving from nyc back to california, I sold my rebuilt dyna tube amp, my jbl studio monitors, etc.

For years I've been searching for a way to get (close to) my beloved analog tube sound, but with a portable dap & iem. Currently I'm listening to CDs on my macbook-pro, with sure e2c iem, which really isn't satisfactory. I keep making plans to buy some dap, and then postponing the plans for various reasons. E.g., for a while I planed to buy a redwine imod, but then I postponed that plan, probably because my experience with modified hardware has been problematic, so now I prefer unmodified hardware.

I'm looking forward to this norcal meet, because maybe I'll hear a setup that will finalize my plans.

I'm traveling from Berkeley, Orinda, etc., so if there are any other nearby east-bay residents who want to offer me a ride ...

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #201 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the octopus is done; so, I'll have a small black box with me that takes 1 opto in and repeats to 3 concurrent opto outs. 3 outputs should be enough, ja?

are you planning on supplying the 1 opto in? if that's the case, I can use one of the outs for my buffalo/balanced b22 and just use my gamma 1 with my laptop USB for the 3 channel b22.

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #205 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by wthbtw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be attending. Does anyone who is going to be at the meet have the whiplash audio recable for the JH13s? (and would be willing to let me try the cable with mine)

I am going to receive the TWag balanced cable for my JH13 that will only connect to my new amp. But, I will be happy to let you plug in your JH13, like iron_dreamer and any other JH13 owner at the meet. You will get to hear the TWag but also how these cans sound balanced. Should be fun times

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #206 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to receive the TWag balanced cable for my JH13 that will only connect to my new amp. But, I will be happy to let you plug in your JH13, like iron_dreamer and any other JH13 owner at the meet. You will get to hear the TWag but also how these cans sound balanced. Should be fun times

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #207 of 235
I'll also be attending with possibly a +1. I've got a few pieces of amb gear, but these seem to be well represented already and I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #208 of 235
I'm planning on attending this meet, and looking forward to it. Have already missed too many Northern California meets! However, probably will not make it until the afternoon. ---- Joel

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #210 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The game is afoot! Meeting up with the Travel Team later today and making plans as we go along. Nobody put up their hand for the concert tomorrow night or for meeting up in SF, but let us know if you are interested.

As for alcohol at the hotel, I think it has to be kept on the down-low for the most part. I will try to remember to bring a bag of plastic shot glasses. Not too sophisticated, but convenient.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can bring my Onix CDP that has a s/pdif output for you to use as a transport. You should bring a cable though, because I cannot recall if I have one handy in Mayberry.

As for table assignments, I normally do not use them but this room is going to be tight with all the gear coming so people really need to stick to the assignments and we will work around things from there. SO, Icarium can share the table assigned to ironbut, which is next to Craig. Foo_me can share the two tables assigned to MikeyMad and FrankCooter. There should be room for both of those additions. I will mark up the chart to that effect.

See you all soon, and some of you sooner!

I'm just to damn busy to do the Friday night activities (although I did keep the venue ticket window on a tab today just in case!), but I'm hoping for some after meet mischief.

I think we just need to hide the bottles and the hotel staff will never know. I think they were just anxious to start cleaning up the room anyway (I've worked at a couple of big hotels before and the plan is usually to finish your work fast and get to your favorite hiding spot).

Icarium,.. there should be enough room on my table. I've only got one amp this time around and I'll bring some stuff so I can stack some of the rest of my gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back