NorCal, San Francisco Bay Area Meet 2/27/2010
Jan 20, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #61 of 235
Replied to Voltron's PM. I will be there, although I am not sure if I can bring anything - it'd be a balanced B22 if I can meet the deadline.

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #62 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As you can see, there were 17 tables, but I think we can squeeze in at least 1 more given that I do not believe we will be dividing the rooms. If we run out of room then we will have to decide whether to get more $pace or just share these tables as economically as possible.

I can give up my space if necessary, I'm not bringing anything paticularly special. Buying more space seems exce$$ive

Still looking for information on room rates, cause I plan on Partying
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #63 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by R_burke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can give up my space if necessary, I'm not bringing anything paticularly special. Buying more space seems exce$$ive

Still looking for information on room rates, cause I plan on Partying
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sorry I spaced on posting it, but the Head-Fi rate should be $80/night for a double room. The regular would be a little higher. I am not sure they will give you the lower rate until I sign the contract, which I have not yet done. If you want to try, call the DoubleTree and ask for the catering discount because we have a large room booked through their catering department. I will post any more specifics when I have them. Also, last time at least one person stayed at the Red Roof Inn right across the street and it was cheaper than our discount rate. Just a thought.
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #64 of 235
"It would depend on travel arrangements for me. Period." I dont have a Car... So, I will need to arrange a cab or something to train as was suggested. Which I plan on doing as it is so close to the hotel... Feb 27th is far enough out for me to make it!

So its a $20 dollar contribution to the exhibition room? Fine by me. I'll stay the afternoon and take a train down in the evening.

Also, what is the Date/Time/Table rental info? Maybe I'm just blind or reading everybody's gear lists too quickly/excitedly!

Could someone please mention this information or link me to it?

Another qualifier for me is whether or not I get my recabled KOSS PRO4AA back in time for the meet... Currently my best cans. I'm moving up from IEM's *ahem* "Q-tips" as some call them...

I also have a pair of Shure SRH240...

I'm a portable gear guy... except for one item:

- Bravo Audio Class A biased Hybrid SS Tube Amp (It has nice sharp treble for a Tube thingey!)

As for Other Amps, in the Portable department: worth mentioning are the

- iBasso T4

- iBasso D10 Cobra (with standard rolling kit)

In the DAP Dept, worth mentioning are:

- nationite s:flo2 (custom manufactured Teclast T51) (Powered by a pair of Wolfson WM8740 DAC chips in Dual Mono config fed into a TI Burr-Brown OPA2604 low distortion OPAMP to buffer the pair of signals into a single signal stream... neat stuff!)

- ROCKbox'ed iRiver H140 (with SysConcept optical IC for use with iBasso D10 Cobra DAC/Amp)

- RAmos T11TE (powered by the Wolfson WM8988 DAC)

- Sansa Fuze

I'll mosie between tables and let those with Non-Portable Amps add the Portables to their rigs or folks test out the devices straight... Should add some intrigue to the meet. The portable world changes so rapidly! Its a shame I have divested of my set of COWONs... temporarily... had a D2, O2, and S9 but needed to try/trade/"buy" other things with them... LOLzies...

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #65 of 235
Post No. 1 has the details on date/time/location:

Date/Time: Saturday February 27th from 9:30am to 6pm

Location: DoubleTree Hotel, 835 Airport Blvd., Burlingame, California, United States 94010-9949

San Francisco Hotels - Hotels near San Francisco Airport - Doubletree San Francisco Airport

Not sure what your travel arrangement issues are, but people share rides all the time at meets. Or, you could just take CalTrain to Broadway Station in Burlingame and end up 3 minutes from the hotel.

The table sign-up will be open for as long as we appear to have space. If you have portable stuff mostly, then bring some and carry it around to show it or use it. Bring some full-size cans to try on other people's rigs, or just use theirs. Maybe you could bring the Bravo amp because it is new and people might want to hear it. You can set it up with one of your DAPs if there is room, or you can see if somebody with a home source would be interested in adding it to their rig so people can check it out.

Lots of options!

Jan 20, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #66 of 235
I can bring any and all of the following:

DT880 600 ohm, Black dragon
DT880 600 ohm, Silver dragon, JMoney pads
DT990 600 ohm, Silver dragon, JMoney pads
DT770 600 ohm, Blue dragon

Decware CSP2
Decware CSP2, 274B mod
Elekit TU 882
KICAS Caliente
Headroom UMDac
Headroom UMAmp

Jan 20, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #67 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmoorman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can bring any and all of the following:

DT880 600 ohm, Black dragon
DT880 600 ohm, Silver dragon, JMoney pads
DT990 600 ohm, Silver dragon, JMoney pads
DT770 600 ohm, Blue dragon

Decware CSP2
Decware CSP2, 274B mod
Elekit TU 882
KICAS Caliente
Headroom UMDac
Headroom UMAmp

I personally would love to hear one of the Decware CSP2s, it along with the Woo Audio WA2 are preamps I am considering to replace my existing one in order to get the headphone amp section

Jan 20, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #68 of 235
I'll be comming in from Sacramento, so a room for a night or two is probably a good idea.
Any info on group room rates?

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #69 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmoorman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be comming in from Sacramento, so a room for a night or two is probably a good idea.
Any info on group room rates?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry I spaced on posting it, but the Head-Fi rate should be $80/night for a double room. The regular would be a little higher. I am not sure they will give you the lower rate until I sign the contract, which I have not yet done. If you want to try, call the DoubleTree and ask for the catering discount because we have a large room booked through their catering department. I will post any more specifics when I have them. Also, last time at least one person stayed at the Red Roof Inn right across the street and it was cheaper than our discount rate. Just a thought.
wink.gif

More to follow.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #70 of 235
Voltron,

Thank you for giving me the encouraging heads up, and the additional info I needed to get off the fence!

To All, My revised earlier post contains my hardware list and my intentions for a mingle from table to table over the course of the day with my portable gear. Hopefully you all will get a chance to play if you want to!

If someone has or will have a table for sure and wouldn't mind hosting my Bravo? while I mingle? That way everyone could try that out and I could make sure folks could test out the DAPs?

Folks let me know what you think please.

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #71 of 235
I call dibs on table 7! Gear to be determined later.
smily_headphones1.gif
Probably won't need the whole table this time though as I intend to have something other than the BHSE.

For all those asking about a group rate, I seriously doubt one is needed - have you guys actually checked the room rates at the hotel? There are a variety of room rates to choose from - $89 w/ 2 double beds, $71.20 w/ 2 double beds (advance purchase), or even $66.33 w/ 2 double beds (January-sale advance purchase).

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #72 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I call dibs on table 7! Gear to be determined later.
smily_headphones1.gif
Probably won't need the whole table this time though as I intend to have something other than the BHSE.

For all those asking about a group rate, I seriously doubt one is needed - have you guys actually checked the room rates at the hotel? There are a variety of room rates to choose from - $89 w/ 2 double beds, $71.20 w/ 2 double beds (advance purchase), or even $66.33 w/ 2 double beds (January-sale advance purchase).

Asr gets dibs on 1/2 of Table 7, but that is a return favor because he has agreed to open the room Saturday morning!
wink.gif
We will figure out numbers and how people can share tables, etc, and then assign the tables out so that people know who goes where.

Also thanks to Asr for pointing out the great prices you can get for those rooms! It sounds like people who are planning on staying at the hotel should book now.

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #75 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for picking up the torch Al!
I hope jp# will be able to make it.

It's funny, when it started hailing at my house yesterday I thought, "this would be a perfect day to have another meet in Mayberry!"
Just another missed opportunity I guess.

See you there.

While I was mucking out the drainage system as a massive amount of water was falling from the sky and cascading down the property, I had the same thought this weekend!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be there.

No sure if the host is ok with Lagavulin 16.............

Well, that'll do if you don't want to bring the 21.
tongue.gif
Glad you can make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back