NorCal, San Francisco Bay Area Meet 2/27/2010
Feb 27, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #226 of 235
Damn! Found out in the last minute that I could not make it. I thought the Chinese new year parade was on Sunday but it is actually on today. My kids are in it and I have to go.
I was hoping to bring my Joe Grado modded HP1 with me.
frown.gif

Have a great time guys!

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #227 of 235
Birthday party starts at 12:30 @ Travis Airforce Base. I figure I can be on the road by 1:30, and down there before 3 pm. Hopefully not everyone will have left.

Bringing:
D7000
Westone 3
Yuin PK3
iPhone 3GS, LOD and an RCA to mini,
V-Dac, in case anyone wants to give it a try.

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #229 of 235
YAY>. Just got back home from this meet, it was super fun to test out new gear!

I forgot the name of the guy who had the TWAG cable with a balanced amp,,, idk but it was AMAAZINGGGGG... if you read this please show yourself haha
smily_headphones1.gif

IT is Voltron
smily_headphones1.gif

i will definitely be in contact with him hahaa

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #231 of 235
Since I bought a QB-9 about two hours ago, I would be very grateful if anyone who spent extended time listening to asr's QB-9/Auditor combo could post impressions.

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #232 of 235
This was my first meet, and it was pretty cool.

The HE-5's sounded fantastic - too bad I need a juicier (and more expensive) amp for them
frown.gif

FallenAngel: Thanks for letting me listen to your RS1's - I liked them so much I came home and bought a used set.

mikeymad: Loved that Stax set-up. Also, excellent taste in music.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #233 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely good call on the etiquette suggestions - nice suggestions in there and I cannot stress this enough: please ask before using any equipment you haven't used before, some amps really cannot be turned off/on with headphones plugged in and others (such as the Beta22) where you really shouldn't plug/unplug headphones with the amp being on or you risk burning it up.

not everyone heeded this. I glanced over to see someone unplugging a phones plug from my b22 and NOT turning volume down. oh well it survived, but I guess next time I'll have a red warning sign or something near it.

hope everyone's gear survived
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #234 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by burnspbesq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since I bought a QB-9 about two hours ago, I would be very grateful if anyone who spent extended time listening to asr's QB-9/Auditor combo could post impressions.

Yes...very impressive, and for me the best underdog of today.
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back