Norcal Mini-Meet (Aug 9th, 2008) in Mountain View
Aug 1, 2008 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Icarium

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi. Having a little meet at my place.

The aforementioned date between the hrs of 10-5 pm pst.

Already got these people confirmed/interested:
Craig from Eddie Current, foo_me, JP#s, filburt, PFKMan, Bigguy, Girardian, Mikeymad, Spektrograf, rhythmdevils.

The main purpose of this meet is to check out some of Eddie Current's up and coming products including his DAC, his final prototype for the Balancing Act and the Nautilus.

My place is pretty small so looking at a max # of people to float somewhere between 10-15 people (Depends on how much gear people bring).

Format will be pretty informal... bring what you wanna bring, show up when you wanna show up and leave when you want to leave. Perhaps we will share a meal together, perhaps not!

If you are interested post here or send me a pm. I'll forward out my address/phone # and some basic directions via pm early next week.

Aug 2, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 37
I'd love to come if there is still space. I don't have much gear anymore except the AKG's in my sig. I'd probably just bring the re-screened EP sextetts and my recabled K290 Stereo, xin supermicro, supermini, and ppas

Aug 2, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 37
I'd defintely be interested in hearing the sextett and the PPAS,

Aug 3, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey Dan, do you have a list of gears that will show up at the meet? I'd love to be there but again kids' schedule may post a problem. I should know mid next week.

I don't really have a solid list as it really depends on what people want to bring but the Eddie Current line up at the very least will be very well represented.

JP's HD2, Balancing Act prototype and the fully discrete with swappable DAC modules DAC. I'd imagine he'd bring his vintage rs-1s and some AD2000s at the very least. Apogee Duet perhaps as well?

I'll have my Singlepower stuff present I think and Qualias of course.. my Esoteric UX-1 player.

Filburt's amazing modded DAC. His K701s with the not crappy sound signature.

PFKman may or may not bring his beta22 and Parasound DAC which should be pretty impressive.

Min has I think offered to bring his EMM SE stack and vintage RS-1s.

Rhythmdevils has said what he is willing to bring.

Spektograf said something about a Zana Deux maybe.

Mikeymad has extensive dynamic and electrostatic gear including a ES-1/O2s/Apache/Zana Deux?/L3000s? I think he's willing to bring it all.

Bigguy I totally forget, but if he brings those sweet pecans that his wife made again that's pure $$.

Girardian is more a speaker guy.

Aug 3, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #7 of 37
I would like to know if there are any D5000 (w or w/o mod) in the area that we could listen too? Oh and a Pico w/DAC would be nice too.

I have had some turnover - but I should have:

Marantz SA-7S1

SP ES-1
Cary 300SEI
Woo WA5
(Could include WA6 if needed)

O2
L3000
K1000
GS1000
standard HD650s

Boy I am not going to get good gas mileage on Saturday.

Cheers

Aug 3, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to know if there are any D5000 (w or w/o mod) in the area that we could listen too? Oh and a Pico w/DAC would be nice too.

I have had some turnover - but I should have:

Marantz SA-7S1

SP ES-1
Cary 300SEI
Woo WA5
(Could include WA6 if needed)

O2
L3000
K1000
GS1000
standard HD650s

Boy I am not going to get good gas mileage on Saturday.

Cheers

Can do on the Pico.

Aug 3, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #9 of 37
That's some awesome gears! I will try my best to be there.

gears in particular that I'd like to auditon are: EMM Labs stack, Cary 300, K1000, 010, D2000(maybe D5000), new DACs.

Not so sure what I can bring from my humble collection though. If you guys are into Single Malt, how about a bottle of 16 year old Lagavulin?
beerchug.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #12 of 37
Alrite we are starting to hit the limits so I'll add you guys and that may or may not be it. If you are still interested between now and Friday send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Aug 3, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #14 of 37
On vacation I think.

Aug 4, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #15 of 37
it looks like i have to work on saturday!
frown.gif
So I won't be able to make it until 2.30 or 3. that makes one less person to worry about i guess. But I woudn't mind listening to the nautilus again for a few minutes... :crackheadsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back