Norah Jones Is In My Livingroom!
Dec 5, 2002 at 8:11 PM Post #16 of 22
...pop music wanks...you'se guys are into hi-fi?!?

How about some real music, like a Mendelssohn violin concerto or some B-B-B-B-Bach? Ain't you never heard no Monk, Mingus, Milt Jackson or Clifford Brown? Have you not yet experienced art?

I'd take any of those any day over some derivatively-inflected nepotism victim or husky-voiced, technique-free cup of vanilla yogurt...

- Sir Mister Matt

Dec 5, 2002 at 9:17 PM Post #17 of 22
I'm sorry, but the idea of taking Monk, Mingus, Milt Jackson or Clifford Brown into my bedroom just spoiled the whole mood of this thread
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2002 at 9:27 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Matt
...pop music wanks...you'se guys are into hi-fi?!?

How about some real music, like a Mendelssohn violin concerto or some B-B-B-B-Bach? Ain't you never heard no Monk, Mingus, Milt Jackson or Clifford Brown? Have you not yet experienced art?

I'd take any of those any day over some derivatively-inflected nepotism victim or husky-voiced, technique-free cup of vanilla yogurt...

- Sir Mister Matt

Well sir Matt. I also happen to enjoy classical and jazz. So I guess I am a well rounded wank. Someday I'll have to try it while kicking back with some Popeye's fried chicken.

Dec 5, 2002 at 10:02 PM Post #19 of 22
...yeah, Mystic, I guess you're right...if all you do is romantically fantasize about the music makers you listen to.

I started reading this thread and the worst possible scenario (i.e. individuals who listen, solamente, to musicians/singers of the Norah Jones/Diana Krall or Shakira/et al. calibre. Oy.

Oh yes, and I do hope everyone has a Popeye's Chicken in their town. Love that chicken...

- Sir Mister Matt

Dec 5, 2002 at 11:52 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Mystic
I'm sorry, but the idea of taking Monk, Mingus, Milt Jackson or Clifford Brown into my bedroom just spoiled the whole mood of this thread
wink.gif

Gotta agree there.
biggrin.gif

So lextek, how about some Dave Brubeck?

Dec 6, 2002 at 12:25 AM Post #22 of 22
..."Gone With The Wind" is a darn good Brubeck Quartet platter, too. Made right after (or was is right before?) "Time Out." Yum.

- Sir Mister Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back