Noozxoide for Android
Dec 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Nirmalanow

1000+ Head-Fier
I started a thread about this free app over on the computer audio forum, but I thought this might be a better forum for Android. Here is the post on the computer forum where I describe what I am hearing and compare it to Jplay for Windows:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/640655/noozxoide-and-neutron-versus-jplay-for-windows.

Any one else using this free Noozxoide app? The improvement in sound is quite noticeable, although you can also overdo it. Fortunately, you can adjust the settings to get the right level of enhancement for your ears.

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 20
I have added a lot more feedback about this app on the thread I referred to above, and I am liking it more and more. For example, here is what I just wrote on the other thread over on Computer Audio:

"I spent some more time listening with the TDS Sound enhancer (http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Research-TDS202-Enhancement-1-Speaker/dp/B00005QZ16/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top) which adds a lot of detail and resolving power to the sound, and I just have to say that usually adding a lot of detail to the sound would show up any deficiency in the source. But even though the TDS adds a whole new level of clarity and detail, the Noozxoide app sounds even better than it did before. In fact with the cleaner sound, I was able to increase the level of processing without causing any problems. I increased the level of the effect described as one to "increase monitor size with added psychoacoustics" from the lowest setting to the medium setting and instead of muddying the sound like it did before, it now adds a whole new level of warmth and body to the sound. It adds up to the best of both worlds: incredible detail that is warm and full at the same time. I am loving it!

However, I did find that with the increased clarity of the TDS, the effect in the Noozxoide app that widens the soundstage is still too scattered at the widest settings. But it sounds clean and spacious at the setting for room size called "studio". So i just leave it there.

I just keep getting more and more impressed with this Noozxoide app. I improve the rest of my system's resolving power, and the app keeps right up and still sounds great. After all of the terrible sounding digital effects I have tried, this is a breath of fresh air!"

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 20
i actually have this app as well. IT IS EPIC!!! Get this app plus beat's audio(root needed) and see what happen's!. That gets you the best sound POSSIBLE out of android. I'm serious download beat's audio with this app and see what happen's.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:
i actually have this app as well. IT IS EPIC!!! Get this app plus beat's audio(root needed) and see what happen's!. That gets you the best sound POSSIBLE out of android. I'm serious download beat's audio with this app and see what happen's

Dude, here is Head-Fi, stop doing this ridiculous theories DSP1+DSP2+DSP3+DS4+DSP and poisoning someone who lack of Android knowledge, could you please go somewhere else? The poised place where you came from? We definitely don't need such brilliant genius for the moment. One is too many already.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #6 of 20
I posted the following on the other thread:

So today I got a new pair of Audeze LCD-2 headphones and tried them out using the Noozxoide app on my Nexus. The surround sound effect is even better with these headphones. So far there is none of the confused sound I would sometimes hear, even on the widest settings of the surround effect. I don't know if it is because these are better headphones than what I have been using, or if they are more forgiving. In any case, it really lifts the sound out of my head and into the room to use the surround sound effect and it creates more detail and instrument separation.

Probably should have posted in this forum to start with as the thread turned out to be more about Noozxoide for Android than the Jplay software for Windows.

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #7 of 20
The beats audio root is not a Must have.(i forgot to put that in there.) It just put a small, But still noticeable , Boost in sound Quality. But if you don't care for that, Then the root is not needed. Catching my drift?

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:
The beats audio root is not a Must have.(i forgot to put that in there.) It just put a small, But still noticeable , Boost in sound Quality. But if you don't care for that, Then the root is not needed. Catching my drift?

I haven't tried it, doesn't the beats audio root just provide a pre EQ'd bass flavoured sound sig?  Excessive bass does not equal sound quality... if anything it removes/drowns out the mids/highs, detail, seperation and sound stage.....  all very important elements of SQ.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #9 of 20
No it actually enhances the sound quality of your music overall. It's specifically made for headphones and does not sound like the beat's headphones at all. IT  just dosen't improve the quality of your music NEARLY as much as the noozxoide Which is why it isn't a must have. But combined there ridiculously Powerful. Not all beat's related things are horrible You know...

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:
What does this app actually do? Is it similar to voodoo on older android devices?

It offers several digital sound effects that can add a bit of warmth to the sound, lift the sound out of the head and make it sound more like speakers, or provide an EQ. Since it is free, the best way to find out what it does is to try it.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #12 of 20
It offers several digital sound effects that can add a bit of warmth to the sound, lift the sound out of the head and make it sound more like speakers, or provide an EQ. Since it is free, the best way to find out what it does is to try it.

Thanks. I guess my question was more if this was just effects/EQ or something like a firmware flash. I think that's what voodoo was. App seems pretty cool and free is a good price!

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #13 of 20
Yes, it is just an app that works in the background with whatever music player you use. It does not require rooting or anything other than selecting it in the main android settings menu, and then playing with the various settings in the app itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back